not getting enough sleep

Posted , 6 users are following.

since I had this last uti I am now getting up to pee twice every night, the uti is gone I'm fine during the day but started this waking up twice each night to pee then have a hard time getting back to sleep ..hoping this will pass I hate all these symptoms it's been one right after another these last few months I can't wait to be done this for good sad

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hun? Sorry to hear you still have these issues! It's awful when u can't get back to sleep. I get that too but usually drop off just b4 my alarm goes off then I'm tired all day -Grrrrr! Glad your uti is gone now though so that's a step in the right direction 😀

• Posted

thanks Louise  yeah that used to happen to me too when i was working and I'm thankful it's only twice a night my sister in law gets up 3 to 4 times a night ....am so glad the uti is gone but it seems lately once something goes something else flares up ...guess it's just this crazy ride we are on ...hope everything is going okay for you and you are getting some relief from things smile

• Posted

Are UTI's common in peri, menopause? I currently have a UTI??

• Posted

seem to be! I've just had one.  Told to drink cranberry juice, just look for one without sugar though, as that doesn't work!  You can't win!

• Posted

Yes they can be unfortunately in both Peri and menopause ...I am 9 years post meno and still getting them 😦

• Posted

I can't drink the juice so I have just started taking the cranberry capsules hoping they help me

• Posted

Oh yes, it took me about 2 years to get over this one. Just recently, I was told to stop drinking water before going to bed. It has made a world of difference. Your bladder i won't be able to retain as much water as you use to, just part of the growing old process.

• Posted

I have a cup of tea at about 8 pm and that's it I don't drink anything after that but I have only been like this since this last uti its very frustrating but I am trying not to get uptight about it and will give it time to calm down ...sometimes during the day I only go every three hours or so and other times I go like I just did 10 minutes,ago but I feel I could go again but I really don't need to go aaarrrggghh its frustrating ...and its hard to know is this something I should be going to the doctor for or am I over reacting ..otherwise I feel pretty good 😕

• Posted

Maybe you forgot but tea is a diurectic and will cause you to constantly go the bathroom. Stop drinking tea, there's your culprit for keeping you up at night and going to the bathroom.

Yes, that feeling of wanting to go again is a normal peri symptom, it will go away eventually. But the tea is a big no no plus the caffeine is not good it's a hormone disruptor during peri.

• Posted

I just switched to chamomile lol didn't even think about it lol brain fog...actually I'm way past Peri I'm 9 years post and was great for a few years,other than anxiety and the odd thing turned 60 in July and bam started up with symptoms again ...hoping this is the last big hurra before it all ends 😊

• Posted

I'm still in peri, and it doesn't help that the women in my family don't stop until they're almost 80! I'm doing well for now but I had a forgetful 3 years, lol. I can't sleep if I drink chamomile and I know of a lot of other people who claim the same, because of all the herbal teas out there that don't have caffeine chamomile does.  This will cause that affect of feeling like wanting to go when you don't really have to, it's the caffeine having it's diuretic affect.

• Posted

Yikes didn't know that about chamomile . will have to find something else I love a cup of tea in the evening ...wow don't know if I could handle this into my eighties..my mum and one sister seemed to have breezed through still waiting to see how my youngest sister does she is in her mid forties and seem to be easy going so far...I am the lucky one 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.