Not good this week. silent reflux. barretts osaphagus. Sore throat. etc

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I am not having a good week this. I am 29 . Have barretts esophagus. Silent reflux. Gastritis. Etc. My throat is always really bad and sore. When swallow. Eat. Always really dry throat and cough. In my chest it hurts when the food passes down like as if food passes through razor blades. Always got a bad stomach. When eating .feel off and Un we'll .

I currently take 40 mg omeprazole but don't feel like they benefit me anymore as been on for bout 4 years. I try not to worry about these problems . But this week it had hit me a bit regarding barretts . And some other problems .

And the danger thus can cause if I don't treat it and my body well.

Not sure what to do these days with it . But not got another oppointment with consultant for a while.

Any suggestions or advice on what people would do .or who have the same problem

Thanks dean

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dean just about all of us here have at least some of your symptoms. PPI's over 4 years tells you that this is not the answer. Why not troll this forum and get a few alternatives. There are dozens as we arent all built the same. Best of luck!
  • Posted

You may need different medication. Have you had an endoscopy lately? They can do a pH monitor to see if your meds are even working.
  • Posted

I had the same thing. It started off as Acid Reflux then "SEVERE" GERD then Barrett's Esophagus and I had to have the "Nissen Fundoplicaton" surgery July 10th. I feel better but I was sore and I still am from the surgery and you willnever be able to eat the same again and besides you dont want to stretch it. But do something about it because it will ruin your life. 
    • Posted

I feel like this is already ruining my life in a way . Carnt eat what I want . Always have a bad stomach. Throat. Feel sick . All friends out having a laugh and a beer .and always paranoid about drinking . What exactly is the nissen.fundoplication . Not really looked into it . What is it that is done and what are the results for the rest of life after it. And how old are you if you do not mind me asking
  • Posted

GERD has since meesd up my voice. My voice is of a mere whisper and I have to attend Voice Therapy every week until my voice comes back. My voice has been like this since April 2014. It cmes and goes but has since been gone and never came back starting may 2015 because the GERD wasunbearable. NO meds worked so I had to have the surgery...

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up