Not long now!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Now have a date for knee op in three weeks time. Still very worried about this, and wondeing if I have done the right thing. However, I cannot carry on as I am, due to horrible nagging pain and stiffness which is now having an increasing impact on my life and the things I am able to do. It would be so much easier if there ws a guarantee of 100% success but that is not obviously the case.

Just wondered if others felt pleased hat they had bitten the bullet and had this operation and how much difference it has made to your life.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Christine, it's made the world of difference to my life! Bone on bone with both knees, but the left was the worst. Had L tkr last Feb & the pain wasn't as bad as before the op. I now do everything I could before the arthritis struck! I also find that the R knee is much better than before, because I'm no longer limping and putting too much stress on it. I'll probably have to have it done at some time in the future, but I have no fear at all about going through it again, as long as I have the same surgeonsmile. I've got my life back, pain free, and I didn't even think about the risk - life's full of them.

Try to be positive, don't read anything more about tkr's if you can help it, take lots of sweet smelling creams and lotions with you to hospital, as well as loose fitting slippers/shoes, as your feet will be swollen to start with, and earplugs! As the others have said, do everything you're told regarding meds, ice, excercise, and look forward to your new bionic knee!

Best of luck, will be thinking of you,

Denise from Oz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.