Not making any progress

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Lyme, bart, & babesia about 2 months ago. I've had it now for 2 years I believe & ive had so many symptoms. At first when I started reading about Lyme I thought it was a fit with me & I had pulled numerous ticks off of me before feeling bad. I'm from Kentucky btw. Not really a Lyme state. 

I don't really know what to ask, but I guess I just want some opinions from those who have Lyme so maybe I feel somewhat better I guess. 

I've been treating bartonella now a little over 2 months. i know I'm not gonna wake up feeling 100% again & I know it's gonna be a long process. My doctor seems to think 3 weeks of antibiotics for the bart & I should start to feel some change. 3 weeks past & I couldn't tell a difference but I noticed some things.

Around day 5 of taking the antibiotics I think I may have noticed my first herx. 

My daughter had just been diagnosed with the flu & that night I began thinking I was coming down with it too. I was real achy, headache, & muscl more fatigue. The next day I felt those symptoms were gone. Just a bit of a headache so I figured it was a herx & not the flu. 

Around day 8 & 9 I felt like I had more energy then usual but after those 2 days it went away. & ever since then I haven't felt a change. I don't really know how much better I should expect to feel since I'm just treating the bart right now. 

Also my diagnosis was clinically. Although my western blot came back just 23 band igg positive I have done some reading and seen where it can only be reactive because of Lyme. 

Like I said I don't really have a straight forward question for you all, I just want some opinions and anything will help. 

I would really appreciate it! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

My name is Lucy, I'm from Romania, not a Lyme country also, as you know.

Please excuse me if i do some grammatical mistakes.

I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme, Bart and some viruses 6 months ago.

One month of natural medicines, 2 of antivirals and 2 of abx.

You work? If you do, believe me you are more than fine. My symptoms were unbearable: big headaches, nausea and vomiting, hight pulse and blood pressure, severe pain in my chest, aroud my heart, my neck, back, hands and so on. I have had periods when I breathe hard ( about 1 month, imagine that ). I could not sleep, more than 1-2 hours.

I've had 2 operations. One, appendicitis, infested with parasites and the other ovarian surgery. Both because of Lyme. I see the result now, after 6 months. I feel much better, I eat, I can sleep. Although, I still have days when I stay in bed all day.

In my humble opinion, you did not have a herx, were just symptoms. A herx is more bad than you ever think. I was worse than you and my doctor said that I have not experienced a herx. I pray God do not go throuhg.

It is good to talk with your doctor about your symptoms and it's good to know that we are all differnt, so the symptoms.

You'll get over this!

It does not matter how many days are bad, at the end you will be fine. smile

Is a long process but we have drugs to heal us smile.

I hope that was a little help four you.

Lucy

• Posted

Hi!

My name is Lucy, I'm from Romania, not a Lyme country also, as you know.

Please excuse me if i do some grammatical mistakes.

I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme, Bart and some viruses 6 months ago.

One month of natural medicines, 2 of antivirals and 2 of abx.

You work? If you do, believe me you are more than fine. My symptoms were unbearable: big headaches, nausea and vomiting, hight pulse and blood pressure, severe pain in my chest, aroud my heart, my neck, back, hands and so on. I have had periods when I breathe hard ( about 1 month, imagine that ). I could not sleep, more than 1-2 hours.

I've had 2 operations. One, appendicitis, infested with parasites and the other ovarian surgery. Both because of Lyme. I see the result now, after 6 months. I feel much better, I eat, I can sleep. Although, I still have days when I stay in bed all day.

In my humble opinion, you did not have a herx, were just symptoms. A herx is more bad than you ever think. I was worse than you and my doctor said that I have not experienced a herx. I pray God do not go throuhg.

It is good to talk with your doctor about your symptoms and it's good to know that we are all differnt, so the symptoms.

You'll get over this!

It does not matter how many days are bad, at the end you will be fine. smile

Is a long process but we have drugs to heal us smile.

I hope that was a little help four you.

Lucy

• Posted

I forgot to mention than I was positive only on p41. My doctor said it is Lyme.

Lucy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.