Not on Orlistat yet.. but would like a little advice :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all smile

Basically I was just wandering if you think I would be able to get prescribed these. I have a doctors appointment for Monday to ask then.

I'm 13stone 8lbs, but 5ft2inchs and my BMI is 34.4 roughly.

Do you think I will not be put on them for not being big enough??

Any advice would be great, thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi there i weight the same as u and ive bin on them for 3 day now u should be able 2
  • Posted

Hey thanks for the reply.

So it shouldn't be a problem then? I'm 3 stone overweight sad How are you getting on with them?

• Posted

i think if your bmi is over 30 you can get perscribed these but my doc wanted to try other things first ie diet and exercise before putting me on, i dont know if thats a general rule for docs or wether mine was being strict, have been on them now for 4 1/2 months and have lost just over 2 stone.
  • Posted

I've lost 2 stone myself through diet and exercise alone, and now I'm just at a complete standstill, Been at this weight for 7 months now just going up 2lbs then losing those 2lbs, I can't get past my 'plateau' weight. I need help!!
  • Posted

You shouldn't have any problem if your Dr is at all sympathetic.....tell him/her you've tried everything else and are at your wit's end.....all the best....I was much the same as you and 2\" less in height!!!
  • Posted

You need to remember that whilst there are some real successes with people being on these, you have to be really disaplined with regard to your diet other wise orange becomes a colour to fear. Good luck with the Doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.