Not sure if anxiety or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sometimes wheb I'm laying in bed waiting to fall asleep, I get this weird calming flush come over my body. 

It's as if I'm tense before it, then after it I just feel like my whole body is going numb (when it really isn't) and I start panicking. 

Help please. 

On a side note I did get a tattoo yesterday, a yin yang tattoo representing all the mental illnesses I've gone through (bipolar etc) and I'm 16 if that has anything to do with it. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Notice that I was getting the calming flushes wel before the tattoo, just wondering if it may have an effect. 
    • Posted

It sounds like a mini panic attack as I do feel this way I have a panick attack, but I'm not a doctor so I can't gaurantee you that it's that. So please check with your doctor.
  • Posted

It actually sounds like noradrenalin being released which is released to neutralise adrenalin after danger has passed, it's a very quick and calming chemical.

The numbness could be how you feel when the nerves which have been stimulated by adrenalin "relax", so it's all okay really.

You can get so relaxed that your body does feel numb and detached which is a natural and normal hypnotic state which you experience when you go to sleep or wake up, that boundary between sleep and being wide awake. 

For check with your doctor though if it's a problem for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.