Not sure if citalipram 20 mg is working for me

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello I have been on cit 20 mg for nearly 6 weeks now had lots of side effects like not eating feeling sick sweating but they have started to go however I am still so really tierd and some times can not function and my head still feels like a blur is this a sign it's not working I am due to return back to work tomorrow and very nervous any one eles had this. Thank you ..

0 likes, 21 replies

Report / Delete

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes,i had that allot ,so what i did was changed the time that i took my medication and this started too make me feel and have less side effects
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I take mine at 7 in the morning then by about 2 in the afternoon I am so sleepy and need to lie down for an hour or so how do I change it from morning till night as like I said I have taken mine at 7 this morning do I miss my morning dose and wait to take it at bed or do I take 2 lots ..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I felt exactly the same so moved mine from morning to evening. Take tomorrow’s at lunchtime then Tuesdays in the evening and evenings thereafter xxx these pills do take much longer than you think to work but don’t give up it’s worth it xxxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been on 3 types of medication over a very long time,  Recently started this medication 10 mg.  And so far its the most positive results i have experienced,  My brain is working again,  I feel like a new person. Ray.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I was on trimipramine this served me well for a long time, It is a first generation drug. Its ok but it made me sleep all the time and sedated a lot of feelings.  That needed to come out or be felt.  Since I changed to this second generation medication, I feel more alive and my brain is comfortable again.  I have more interest in things now thats why i am now trying to help people on this forum.  I dont think i would be if i was still on trimipramine, I would probably be asleep now ! Hope this helps.  Ray.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Maria I have been treated for clinical depression for a very long time.  I was on one of the older tabs from 1990,  recently due to this not being available.  I was put on Sertraline 100mg but i had terrible side affects.  My mind was better but was very over active.  I reduced the dose 75mg and was a bit calmer, but still had bad side affects.  I went back to the doctor he wanted to reduce them to 50 mg.  But asked if i could try something he put me on citalopram 10 mg.  This was 2 weeks ago and i feel well on them more comfortable. I must say i was ok before, it was just a change in tablets. I have not had a bout of bad depression for a long time. With this illness being clinical the tablets are just to keep my brain chemicals balanced.  And citalopram is working well.  But the biggest help to me was learning self help and Meditation,  I also used self hypnosis in the early days but this can get you ahead of your self, and lead to more problems.  If you go down this route go for relaxation ones, that will cover all thats really needed. One thing i would say is learn as much as you can on how to help your self.  Hope this helps Ray.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Helping myself has kept me alive for the past 46 years. The best advice i can give is never stop getting info on how you can become well.  One side affect is you also become a better person. Seek it out and eventually it will change your situation for the better, day by day. Take one step at a time, The greatest journey begins with one step.  Hope this helps every one. Ray. ps you have to do the work on your self, dont just listen.  A metaphor for this is. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink. That is up to the horse.!!!!!!! Ray.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Maria

I’ve been on it 8 weeks and still can’t finish a meal which sends my anxiety through the roof imagining I have all sorts of things wrong with me! Also very tired... could fall asleep in the afternoon at a drop of a hat and when I wake in the morning it takes me about an hour to come round and get out of bed! You’re not alone! It does get better as I’ve been on it before. Hang on in there 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Judith thankyou for the reply my appetite as finally come back which is a good thing it's just the tiredness and the fuzzy head now which is ok as I have been able to rest and go to sleep when ever I have neede but I start back at work tomorrow so a little nervous I suppose...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Maria, I have been taking 30 mgs of Citalopram for a couple of weeks now. This dose is after having taken 10 for four months and 20 for a week. I am having a terrible day today and this is after three or four very good days. I will not give up on it because there are many positive reviews on Drugs.com and Everyday Health that encourages me to stay the course. I pray we all find some measure of peace with Citalopram leading the way forward. It just takes time, a lot of time I am afraid. Hang in and see hou on the other side. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi sorry your having a bad day hope you feel better soon . Yes going to stick with it and and  See how I go until my next doctors appointment thank you for the reply ..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Maria. You are sweet to show concern. I will update you on my day. For the last hour or so, I have been feeling much better. So I went through a mini blip, so to speak. So all is well again. Hope things even out on your end. God bless!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Raj for saying that. I am grateful to you and the others on this forum. It helps to know that total strangers feel my pain and show me and others concern and love. Thanks bro!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up