Not sure if I have herpes or not

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took a few igg blood tested and tested negative but I still see signs that look like herpes im not sure if I have it or not 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

IMG_8348.JPG
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

what did you score in the iGg Result?

By the way the image is not visible 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

John - For IGG tests, 80-90% of newly infected people have positive HSV2 IGG results by 6-8 weeks, but it takes 16 weeks to reach nearly 100% sensitivity. There is a possibility that you may have tested too early for the test to show results yet. This is assuming that you have HSV and it is not another skin condition, which could be a possibility. It may be best to also see a dermatologist. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If it were me, for HSV1 (oral herpes) - I would not worry about it. According to the WHO, about 70% of the population have HSV1. You could have got oral herpes from your Grandmother kissing you when you were a kid. There are situations where it can be transmitted to your genitals but I believe it is more rare and usualy HSV2 is associated with genital infections. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don’t believe doctors typically test for HSV1 becuase it is so common. That seems like an inconclusive value and maybe wait some time and retest again if your friend  really wants to know.  
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up