Not sure if I have minears or something else like those vistibular migraines? HElP

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've really been suffering, I feel week on my legs and very imbalanced for months now to the point I barely leave the house. I'm not on any medication but I've tried a few. Does anyone else have this? I'm really suffering. It's hard to explain the imbalance. Just curious because I have no headaches at all but I was told those migraines can be without headaches and cause a feeling of imbalabce. I want my life back and need all the help I can get.

Melissa

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa.  So sorry to hear about your struggles with balance.  Have you been seen by a doctor?  If not, that is probably the best place to start.   Your PCP might want you to see a neurologist for the balance problem. Your symptoms don't sound like it's Meniere's Disease but your doctor is the one who can help clarify this for you.  best of luck.

• Posted

I have seen a couple doctors, but I did get a test that they blow air in my ear and it showed a weakness, so I guess they diagnose menieres like that. I've gotten full virtigo once and very full ears.

• Posted

HI MELISSA AFTER BEING TOLD I HAVE MENIERES FOR  SEVERAL MONTHS NOW IM BEEN TOLDI HAVE VESTIBULAR MIGRAINES AN YES U CAN HAVE IT WITHOUT HEADACHES.I WISH U ALL THE LUCK CAUSE I DONT THINK THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks so much for the response. Did you feel imbalanced at all? What did they prescribe you? What were your symptoms

Of the migraines?

• Posted

YES MELISSA FOR THE PAST 10 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH IMBALANCE,TIINITUS,DIZZINESS,NAUSEA,BRAIN FOG,SENSITIVITY TOO LIGHT, VIBRATION FEELING.I AM A BUS DRIVER AN BEEN OUT OF EORK FOR THE PAST 10 MON.I HAVE TAKING EJECTIONS IN MY EARS,GABENTINE,TOPIRAMATE FOR MIGRAINE AN MECLIZINE NOTJHING WORKS I EVEN TOOK VESTIBULAR THERAPY FOR 5MON UNTIL THE THERAPIST DECIDED MAYBE I NEED TO STOP UNTIL THE DR.S HAVE A DEFINITE DIAGNOSIS.I RECENTLY HAD TO FILE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY IM ONLY 51 MY LIFE TOOKA BIG TURN BUT, I WONT GIVE UP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.