Not sure if it is the Mertrazapine and Ropinirole combination making me feel so low.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started to feel a little brighter about 3 weeks after starting Mitrazapine (15mg) having completely weaned off Sertraline. At about week 5 I started Ropinirole 0.25 mg and now 0.5 mg for my restless legs and muscle tightness. Just after week 6 on Mertrazapine I started feeling very low again and this has continued for 5 days. Could this be the conbination of drugs or could it be that I need to increase my dose of Mertrazapine? I was so hoping I could keep on the lower dose but Zi can't be like this leading up to Christmas. Please has anyone else been on this combination of medication?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I only take Mirtazapine but it is more therapeutic at higher doses. It can definitely make you drowsy during the day but it should have some positive effects after 5 weeks.

I don't know about that combo but I would definitely mention your issues to whoever prescribed them to you and go from there.

• Posted

I'm sorry Sharon07214, but from personal experience, nobody else can answer your question, not even your health care providers.

The way any drug reacts is unique to you.

You need to take control of your medication and convince yourself that your perscribed medication is for you.

What I can say is that you must give your body time to adjust to any alteration, at least six weeks, Don't keep changing as this will only confuse and your body will respond by making you feel ill.

Good luck, you have a lot of researching ahead of you.

window.post_1481548785921_3 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}window.post_1481548791702_16 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}

• Posted

Thanks.

I have a telephone appointment with my GP later today. I am so fed up with feeling so c***! I was just beginning to feel better when I crashed back down. I have counselling starting on Wednesday so hopefully time will help but of course there is the Christmas season to get through.

• Posted

My dose has been increased to 30mg which is a better dose for my age group (I am 56). What I don't understand is why did I start to feel better only to crash back down. Any ideas gratefully received.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.