Not sure if it's gerd or not.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Im a 26 year old male, try to keep fit and health. My jobs very phyical amd demanding also stressfull. I

start getting chest pains about 3 weeks ago mainly on my left side, sometimes it's a burning sensation somethimes its like and ache in the heart like a pulled muscle, sometimes it's like sharp stabbing pains all over my chest. Been to the doctors and had an Ecg and blood tests all came back fine, had an x-ray but still waiting for results of that! I just don't know what to think anymore, the doctor has passed it of as gerd. I'm not convinced the pains there all day every day, it comes and goes as it pleases it's not even after I eat, i didn't eat anything the other day and it was with me most of the day, sometimes I get a numbess in my left shoulder or arm. Which has made me panic! I'm omeprazole everyday for about 2 weeks now, I belive what my doctors are telling me. But it's just doesn't seem to be letting up, like I had to go back to the doctors yesterday to get my results. Got a lift there, had no pains or symptoms while i was there. When we where finished I thought I'd walk down as it's only a 5 minute walk, halfway down the hill I start getting the sharp stabbing pains in my chest, I had to stop and take some real deep breaths, it was like an overwhelming feeling. Kind of like getting dizzy, once I had calmed myself down I was good to start walking again. I just don't know how to feel anymore, my anxiety has never been bad. He has also referred me to see a cardiologist, even after saying my heart sounds fine and normal.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi bobby is it just the pain on left side or u get other reflux symptoms too like burping a lot and does the pain go away when u eat or it dies nt make any difference
    • Posted

Hi Samy, i do burp a little not much. it doesn't really go away, it comes and goes as it pleases. If i eat it don't make a difference, I get it all over my chest sometimes the left side on my ribs and sometimes on the right, also on the left shoulder blade. I've had my bloods done and also had an Ecg which everything came back okay. The pain just doesn't seem to let up and I think about it more which makes it worse and the pain in my arm is like a muscle pain.

• Posted

Chest pain always get it checked out but yes with reflux or I will say with my stomach gastritis I started having on and off pains in my chest on left side same side front ribs and same side upper and middle pain in between the shoulder blade through the endoscopy confirmed gastritis last year my doctor did all the test heart scan ..24 to 48 hours hear checking monitor blood pressure monitor was everything normal then someone advised me to go and get the ultrasound of abdomen done and then the sonographer said ask ur GP to send u for endoscopy that's where they did find gastritis

• Posted

Sorry forgot to tell I did have pain in my arm too
  • Posted

Bobby, mine started about 3 years ago, I'm in my 60's fitness nut, squash, running, weights karate, started getting short of breath, xrays clear heart scan, clear, slight furing of arterys, an echo cardio gram, OK, breathing tests showed a below par lung function, so put me on an inhaler, I can run, and fine, just out of the blue comes breathless!!!!!  Muscle sore in and around my back, extremely painful cramps and spasms all over. I just gauge it all on my fitness, when I'm running heart rate is low, breathing is OK, so that doesn't worry me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.