Not sure if its ibs but its getting me down

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last few weeks i have had really bad stomach pains that bad they make me cry and then i have to go to the toilet which is normally really watery then the pain goes but it can come out of nowhere sometimes after i eat its got to the point where im not eating cause im worried but im also a type 1 diabete so im feeling pretty rubbish

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be IBS if the pain moves about your abdomen.  Try a food diary to identify food triggers.  See your doctor for diagnosis and tests and have your diabetes checked in case that is playing a part.
  • Posted

Hi caroloare, sounds like IBS...especially pain after eating food, diarrhea and pain relieved after passing stool....The first management is excluding the foods which you feel making your IBS worse, in my case that is wheat....well I would suggest you talk to your gp about that and your doc will exclude other causes causing similar symptoms and then will diagnose you....but main thing is just keep calm and don't get anxious as it makes the symptoms more worse...so just talk to your gp.

• Posted

See your doctor if your bowel habits have changed it's the official advice you've given, especially if you're also a type 1 diabetic. Good luck.x

• Posted

This sounds certainly like IBS but also since you're a type 1 diabetic this could contribute to your symptoms. My advice would be to go and see your gp as they will be able to help you 

• Posted

This sounds certainly like IBS but also since you're a type 1 diabetic this could contribute to your symptoms. My advice would be to go and see your gp as they will be able to help you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.