not sure if the right place to post

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have such bad anxiety to the point i actually 'get things done' incase i die basically! 2 children im very busy and not just me to thibk about.

i started with a uti on friday. it was hurrendous. fibished a 3 day course (symptoms settled butnot fully) rang doc and said still not good. she prescribed me a week worth this time. im 2 days in amd still no better. im off to holland amd barret for cramberry capsules...

she said this antibiotic should clesr it the tests prove thst. thing is i get bad anxiety when tsking tablets as im scared of side effects etc (one thing after another right? feel like i argue with myself)

so now im in a full blown panic that i have something else and not just a uti.

last time inhad one it lasted a month with 3 types of antibiotics. then it still didnt go. this time it was weekend so no drs and jusr all of a sudden it dissapeared.

what im now thibking is my anxiety is maybe mimiking these symptoms and infact my infection has gone but my amxiety hasnt... im completly focused on 'down there' i have to take smother urine test whuch will have to be monday now. so if that comes back negative i will panick even more thinking theres not cure.

i feel so rubbish... has anyone any experience?

1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Georgina, u sound like me!!!!

I'm struggling with my anxiety at the minute after doing so well for so long.

I've been prescribed beta blockers on top of my other 'happy' pills but I'm scared to take them incase of side effects. If I have any aches and pains I won't take paracetamol etc incase of side effects and always worry I'll be ill at the weekend when there's no doctors!!

It's a horrible vicious circle but from what you've said ur experience does point to anxiety. I've no doubt u have been ill but now it's ur mind playing tricks making u feel worse. The mind is an amazing thing really, it can make u believe all sorts.

Keep going & stay strong xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not under the same circumstances but yes i have had times where i felt so sick I have kept a packed bag ready to go.  Ot sometimes i have went to the doctor and im stunned they are so calm. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This may sound like a frivolous answer....please get chamomile tea (from the flowers) in your cupboard, and have a cup when you feel you need to sedate your mind and body into calmness. Works very well....and at bedtime.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi georgina what antibiotics did u take? cos i think i have one too
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up