Not sure if this is gallbladder/pancreas related?

Posted , 6 users are following.

On Sunday I ate a burger and right after it I got intense pain all throughout my ribs. Then the pain moved to my back, on the left shoulder blade, I also had sharp pains under my left rib. Now its changed again. The pain is now on the right shoulder blade and also in the middle of my back and it goes into my arm now and again. My stomach has been really achey too and I have hardly had an appetite, the thought of most foods makes me feel sick. The pain in my back is what is the worst. I haven't lifted anything or fallen in anyway its just suddenly come on. I used to have it all the time when I was 17/18 then it went away and now its back again at age 22. NOTE: I started taking Lithium 4 weeks ago however my levels are normal. Help?! 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gallstones and removal runs in my family also. I keep getting headaches above my eyes too.
  • Posted

Please all of your symptom are associated with GB like you mentioned is how my pain started " like a light switch "  I had my GB removed on 18th of may ,you are waiting too long . Probably it is inflame red hot. Go see your PCP and have them do an untralsound.
    • Posted

Thank you. Can it cause you to vomit with bits of blood in it? 
    • Posted

yes, it can if you see blood its getting serious and s life threatening you should not wait too long. Time is running up. Do you feel dizzy ?Do your urine look like coco cola ? Do your eye look yellow ?
  • Posted

Hi Amy 

none of us can diagnose . You need to go to your GP and get referred for a scan and have blood tests done . Your symptoms could be many things from ulcers to gall bladder problems. 

The key is to get diagnosed as ulcers can be treated with drugs . If you are vomiting blood or have dark black patches in your poo. It may be more likely an ulcer. If it's gallbladder your poo tends to go pale . There are so so many things it could be . And all solvable so don't panic ... But get yourself to your GP today to put your mind at rest .. 

• Posted

Amy ask your doctor if the Lithium could perhaps be giving you gastritis I was taking folic acid and I ended up in hospital with dreadful pains and they said it could have been the tablets I stopped taking them and not had the pain since let me know how you get on xxxx
  • Posted

Sounds like a spasm within the area of the biliary duct. Get a VERY experienced medical consultant in the GB field and do not agree to any surgery prior to exhaustive tests.

A blood test to show for transaminases levels when you experience severe pain is essential first step. 

If above 300, have internal examination.

Resist all surgery until you have extenisve repeated tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.