Not sure this is the right place - Intimacy Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 20 year old male and from the London area, I struggle with people getting intimate with me sexually and socially. Silly things worry me like get HIV, and whilst the internet is full of rubbish I really struggle with this, Its not like I don't get aroused, but most previous partner I have not even penetrated. Does anyone else have problem with intimacy ? 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

i am sure this is a problem which many young people have. although you dont say much here i am wondering how you really feel about those whom you want to be intimate with. sometimes at 20 sex can be the be such priority in our lives that sometimes anxiety can fiollow as a result of this. i would say try and relax and if you are worried about HIV then NEVER put yourself at risk, whatever you feel for the person. dont worry too much about what others say, be yourself and listen to your inner thoughts. i wonder if you are shy in other ateas of your life too.

be brave if this is getting tough for you, go to your GP, dont be embarrased, tell him how you feel, you are lucky we live in an age when things of this nature are discussed more openely. good luck.

• Posted

Shellbay1 I think it is just the pressure  I feel, I can have the feelings of love, but the fear of doing something wrong.
    • Posted

Hmmm are you trying to get intimate with people you don't know very well? I think with the right person (one you feel VERY comfortable with) you will be ok. If not, and if you have other worries as well in life in general, it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor. Anxiety is a terrible thing to live with! good luck
    • Posted

I just re-read and noticed you said socially...this is a sign of social anxiety, google it and see if it sounds like you. There is a way to overcome this but it takes work and time, possibly meds and a lot of practice!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.