Not sure what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i've suffered from depression for years now. I've been on different meds and had councelling several times over the years. I'm currently on 60mg fluoxetine, 25mg amiltripline, propranolol and my dr has just put me bck on clonazepam because i'm not sleeping well and feel like crap all the time. I've recently had blood tests and everything is normal and healthy but i constantly feel tired and awful. I get about 8-9 hours of sleep every night but every day is a struggle. My doctor has said just leave it a bit longer and see if i improve but i've been feeling like this for almost a year now. previously i've been unable to do things because of the depression; i've been suicidal for months on end and physically unable to get out of bed some days, but this isn't like that. Mostly now i just feel too tired to do things and i feel like i'm using the depression as an excuse. I'm wondering if the way i'm feeling is a side effect of the medication i'm taking and whether i'd be better coming off it instead. Has anyone else felt physically drained on fluoxetine or felt better after coming off of it? tia, roxi

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about the other drugs you are taking but Amitriptyline can make you feel tired in the mornings even if you have slept for 8 - 9 hours. Have a word with your GP. I take Amitriptyline and i will only take the lowest dose because of being tired on the higher dose.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've been on the amitriptyline for several years now and it doesn't really affect me at all. It's not a drowsy hungover feeling, I'm just constantly drained. I made the decision to wean myself off the fluoxetine and I'm currently taking 40mg and planning to go down to 20mg next week. The only difference I've noticed so far is a slight headache, but psychologically I feel like I've made the right decision.feeling quite positive about the future. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How much time you're taking this meds?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How much time you're taking this meds?

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up