Not sure what to do any suggestions

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Have been on 40mg citalopram for 5 weeks I thought it was helping but have been feeling like my head feels a bit stuffed the last three days and started to get anxiety again. I'm also post menopause and still lots of hot flushes. I've just returned to work im not sure what to think. Feeling dissapointed.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey dint be disappointed Frill. It doesn't mean anything but because we have been depressed and anxious we automatically think that we are back to square one.

If we where totally "normal"(forgive my use of that word)but I do mean as opposed to being depressed,we would have bad cr*py days and not think twice about it. We would just shake ourselves off and make sure tomorrow was better.

Please don't worry. You are just probably having a few bad days. How you react to it is what is causing you worry. If you just think "phew can't wait for this day to be over,it was a bit cr*ppy" rather than fearful thinking "oh no,I feel awful,I'm going back to square one"....it can make all the difference.

Just accept that yes you have had a few bad days but it's no biggie because the bigger picture says that everything is moving in the right direction. You've had good days so you know you are on your way. Try to stay positive xx

• Posted

Thanks for that yes i do tend to think everything is going back when I have bad days. I will try not to be so down on myself tomorrow could be better hopefully.

• Posted

I know it's hard chick. I also tend to think the worst. Think we all do when we are so early in recovery. Luckily for me I have a great straight talking mum who points out how far I've come from where I started. Sometimes you need to hear that out loud from somebody else because it penetrates better than if we say it to ourselves xx
    • Posted

I once wrote, and keep having to reminding myself of it - How many golden yesterday's began as black tomorrow's.

Big hugs

Taz xxx

• Posted

Thanks never looked at the situation in that way before something to remember that's for sure. Xx

• Posted

I remember when I first started these tablets, after the side effects wore off I very slowly got better, then would suddenly have a day or 2 feeling dreadful.  I'd think I was back down in that bottomless pit again, then this would pass and I'd feel good again.  This kept happening so I accepted that I'd have the occasional time when I felt bad and guessed these times would get less and less til the good days far out weighed the bad ones.

i was right - the bad days disappeared altogether eventually :-)

• Posted

I have also been on 40mg and fond that 30mg was best for me. I sweat more on these tablets and 40mg madwe that worse... Also i felt kind of numb on 40. They didnt make me feel any better than 30 did but i was numb to happy/postive feelings too. I find 30 much better...xxx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up