Not sure whether it’s viral or not

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone, for the past few days i have been extremely ill, ive had a very painful throat, blocked ears, heavy head, neck pain, muscle aches, white spots on my tonsils, extreme tiredness, chills / hot flushes, difficulty swallowing and just overall felt really sick. i went to my doctor today and they told me that its a viral infection? I thought you had to have a runny nose and a cough for it to be viral? Correct me if im wrong of course but im in agony and wondering if maybe i should see somebody else about it. The doctor i saw wasnt very gentle or nice about anything she shoved a stick down my throat without warning me and it made me gag. What do you think should i get a second opinion or just wait it out?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I to am in the same boat I was told it was viral I still am feeling like crap this is the 5th week I have been suffering with this problem if you don't feel that it could be what the doctors told you. you are entitled to a 2nd opinion that's the best thing about life we have choices.

If it eases your mind go back cause I'm going back to see mine next week just to raise a few questions that I want answered best of luck to you hope you gets this sorted

• Posted

Viral infection just means it isn't bacterial, therefore you don't need antibiotics. You can have a viral eye infection, throat infection or ear infection all of which you won't necessarily get a runny nose with. If you really have white spots on your tonsils though, I would think that sounds bacterial. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.

• Posted

I would say see a second doc, and get a proper diagnoses before deciding what course of action to take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.