not there just yet

Posted , 5 users are following.

just to say depression is not cured,but i am doing some better than i have in 7 months.still do suffer some from it.it was so scarey were i have been.i am scared of going back there again i was so down.so for me a little bit is better than where i was.thank you jesus!!!!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melissa

Well done and that is great news. I can relate to the horror of depression and the relief of getting through the worst of it, and the hope for a better future that starts to come with the recovery.

I think we people who have been so ill with depression, have a greater appreciation of what it feels like to be normal again, than anyone could imagine.

Hugs

• Posted

your so right.we do have a greater apprecition to life and we dont take it for granted either.some people dont have a clue about depression,while others suffer really bad.i really suffered for seven months.it took every thing i had in me out.plus lost a lot of weight,it was just a living nightmare.it was so bad i am scared everday that it will come back.
  • Posted

Congratulation. It’s really difficult to fight against depression. Hope your remaining symptoms will go away soon. Wish you all the best for doing well in the future.
  • Posted

Hi Melissa ~

Kudos to you with regards to recovering from depression.  As the other people said in here that it's feat to conquer even a little bit of peace from depression.  I suffer that as well.  Chronic depression to be exact.  From chronic pain..legs, back and neck..and it's constant.  Just depressing.

I talk to my  dr about depression and she said that there is a high percentage of people walking around with depression and they don't bother to help themselves.  Perhaps that's where crime fits in.  I'm just guessing at that but it seems as if those who do  any kind of a crime must be depressed as they don't even care about the consequences.

Anyway, I'm happy you're here getting support from people.  This site is great at that.  I've found some friends that I can count on any given time.

When you're slipping back (if you do) just come here and voice what is on your mind and just by getting it out, makes one feel better.  Don't you think?

Anyway, here's hoping you find that your depression subsides and you can get on with a wonderful life!  And yes, thank you Jesus!!

Warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

Hello.  I have just felt myself getting low again, and like you just said, come onto this site and say how we are feeling, as it does help.  I have just added another question (no not really question) just saying how I am feeling at the moment.

Yesterday I posted I was feeling brighter, today I am posting that I am low and tearful.  So up and down all the time.  No different if I am on or off anti depressants.  It is so sad that we do slip back.  We just want to feel on top of life. 

20 years of fighting depression has me tired out.  I am old now, and I worry about the young people who post here with depression.  It gets very tiring this constant fight with depression.

• Posted

thanks forgettting back.this site is great.there are really some postive people on here.i am glad i found this site.i hope i feel better day by day.
    • Posted

Hi Anne ~

You mentioned that you worry about the young people with depression.  Depression has been around for a very long time.  I feel if the young are posting here, then they are smart enough to know they are in need of some help and suggestions.  I applaude them!

My thoughts are that I believe everyone is depressed...Everyone.  Each has their own level of dpression.  Some mild and can function in society and other's severe and it takes over their lives.  Now that is sad, really.

My prayer is for you, Anne, is to find the silver lining that will help you deal wiht your depression and you feel better each day.  I'm sorry you're feeling worn out with this affliction, it is a heavy burden we carry.  Keep your head up and your heart open and you will feel better!

Hugs to you, Anne.  Feel better.  Excuse any mishaps in my writing as my eyes  are sadly so bad today that I cannot see every key on the keyboard so I'm trying my memory!

Anyway, hugs to you and everyone on this discussion,

Frustrated

• Posted

I have had depression for over 20 years and it is a constant battle. 

Time and time again my depression popped its head up.  We just have to battle on as best we can.  You are doing really well Melissa, and yoiu sound a strong person. 

As yoi]u say, you are better than you were, which is a blessing.  I was at the start very, very poorly, but now it is just a feeling of being low, and I cope with that.  Like you say, never want to go back to where you were at the start.  I don't think we will.  Some people only have one episode, and it may be that you will come out of this.  Sounds like you are doing really well, and yoiu are positive.

Take care, and keep in touch.

• Posted

thank you anne,i guess you know what i am talking about.i never go back from where i just came out of.it was really scarey.it still scares me that i will go back there.i surely hope not.you are doing wonderful doing it with know medicine.thats very brave in you.you are also a very positive person.we need them on this forom.you do try to help people out.
    • Posted

This is for Melissa and Anne ~

I believe both of you are strong.  If you're able to come to this forum and talk about what you're feeling, then you are on the way to recovery!  For me, every post is important as we all learn from others.  What to do and what not to do, right?

Thank you, Melissa, for sharing your discussion and thoughts with us.  Anne, I do applaude you too, w/o medications, I don't feel I could handle my stress/depression.  I did try to do w/o but after a few months of slipping back to that place I didn't want to go, I saw my p'doc and was put back on the meds.  

Anne, if you cannot kick that "low" feeling, perhaps you could go on a low dose of medication and see how you do.

Anyway, thank you both for sharing.

Frustrated

• Posted

No I am not a strong by any means, I think am determind thats all. Stopped medication many times but deprssion always came back. 
  • Posted

Hi all.  I just wanted to say that as well as recovery being two steps forward and one back, I also doubt that any of us will go right back to that horrible scay place of deep miserable depression.  The reason I say that is because we know the symptoms, we have been through it before and we will not go down that far again without getting the professional help we have had to count on in the past, to get us back from rock bottom.  Older and wiser.  

Try not to be afraid of the future but just take one day at a time, and pat ourselves on the back at the end of each day for living as well as we can.

P.S: I didn t mean for there to be so many cliches in this post but they just seemed appropriate somehow. 

Heres to today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.