Not Trusting Doctors am I crazy? Help!

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I'm 16 and I've made frequent visits to the doctor and I've went there bc of chest pain and got ekg done and it was fine and in a few days my pain went away. I made the other visits bc of other symptoms I got unrelated to chest pain and they said nothing was wrong and was diagnosed with anxiety and I was mad bc every visit they told me the same. I have started to not believe what my doctors say and I want to know if it's just me. Now I've been having chest pain for about 4 days and i'm paranoid my hearts not well bc the pain is in my back and goes to the middle of my chest and I don't want to go bc I know they'll say its anxiety and i feel stupid after and I feel i wasted my parent's time sad

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand. I was a mess at 16 with anxiety and panic and still am! If it reassures you at all to get checked out then go if you can afford it. You need that peace of mind sometimes. 
  • Posted

Stephanie

You are young and you have had tests done that should put your worries to rest. so move on

Remember your Doctor is in partnership with YOU, TRUST YOUR DOCTOR, and accept His findings

BOB

• Posted

Hi Hun.

I suffer from the same anxiety you do. I'm always paranoid about my health and feel doubtful even when doctors tell me I'm okay. But tests do not lie and you have to believe them to give you a peice of mind. I recently had an ekg done myself because of a racing heart and it turns out it was just my anxiety. Everything was normal. My best advice is to try some deep breathing exercises and maybe talk to your parents about seeing a counscellor. Good luck! 

• Posted

Nothing wrong with seeing a cardiologist to ease your mind.
  • Posted

I'm having the same problem non stop full blow panic attacks and I'm 17 I can't even function anymore I had a ER visit and they did a ecg but I'm still constantly paranoid and anxious and depressed 

• Posted

Perhaps see a cardiologist then ? I get chest pains due to how bad my acid reflux is, trust your doctor all those tests youve gotten & everything is fine if something was wrong it would have been found & im sure youd feel much worse... Im just like you a mess & im only 17 frequent trips to doctors and hospitals im tired of it all 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.