not what i wanted to hear

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well, it turns out it was not anxiety- i went to Dr and i have AFIB! Not what i wanted to hear- have to go for a bunch of tests and on medication. This really STINKS- moral of the story don't always assume it is anxiety - GO TO DOCTOR first

0 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh, I'm so sorry!! Yes, I agree, I always get some kind of reality check from a doctor if I feel really weird, even if I know it is probably nothing. If they clear me, then I have more information to fight my anxiety with! I know the diagnosis sucks, but I'm glad you got checked out so that you can take care is yourself.

Beth

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have heard alot of success with ablation for again. What made you think it was anxiety as far as symptoms
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

PJoy

One good thing comes out you know they have picked up your problem

With me I can be over anxious and they have missed a presented problem.

Whatever they pick up is better than missing it because of our mental health  problems

Good luck, Keep a Hold

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Def not the best thing to hear but not the worst! It can be managed! You know what your problem is and now you can work with doctors to fix it. Sorry about the news though I know a diagnosis can help you feel less anxious but more anxious at the same time rolleyes and I agree. Rule out medical issues first. Anxiety has to be diagnosed AFTER consulting a medical doctor.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Exactly.......especially if you are a long term sufferer, you can tell the difference. I had chest pains different to panic / anxiety chest pain but doctors still kept saying it's panic....till the day I had a heart attack.....it took that to happen for them to finally listen, I was also diagnosed with Prinzmetal angina before the mild heart attack, so there were a couple of doctors that knew it wasn't panic attacks.....

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Now I am sixtysix it concerns me that my anxiety will mask a more serious condition, We will live on a wing and a prayer when it comes to serious health conditions. It puts the fear of ourLord in me if not only me but they the medical proffesion miss a live ending problem because of our mental health problems

BOB

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up