not what i wanted to hear

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well, it turns out it was not anxiety- i went to Dr and i have AFIB! Not what i wanted to hear- have to go for a bunch of tests and on medication. This really STINKS- moral of the story don't always assume it is anxiety - GO TO DOCTOR first

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Exactly.......especially if you are a long term sufferer, you can tell the difference. I had chest pains different to panic / anxiety chest pain but doctors still kept saying it's panic....till the day I had a heart attack.....it took that to happen for them to finally listen, I was also diagnosed with Prinzmetal angina before the mild heart attack, so there were a couple of doctors that knew it wasn't panic attacks.....

• Posted

GEEZ, that is AWFUL- i tell you you have to be your own Doctor because many times you cannot count on them. Sorry to hear that- hope all is well now for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.