Nothing is good enough

Posted , 5 users are following.

I try so hard, but it's never good enough, today I have decide to not bother. what's the point, its always what is not done and not good enough. I don't want to be a work, its really hard to be there and just can't be bothered no more. Life just sucks, really bad, no one can help which makes me feel so alone, it me and my head, and I don't like it, I wish I didn't care it would make life easier. Even tablets and online CBT is not working, thinking of giving up on CBT, I have not got anything out of it, but what the point as nothing is good enough and will never be good enough.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

depression is very hard to live with.  Makes everything a mountain to clim.  We just want to curl up and do nothing.  We think completely negatively, and think everything is against us, and nobody likes us.  I do not like myself either.  That is the nature of the illness sadly. 

You take  it easy if you can't be bothered.  Your choice on what you do and don't do so long as it does not affect your life too much. 

You are in a big "low" at the moment and I understand how you are feeling.  Good to have a rant.  Yes it is so hard, as you say.  Life really does suck when we have depression.  I know, I have had it for 30 years!!  Some days are better than others though. 

• Posted

Just when I think I've hit the bottom, Its not it goes down and down, I'm not sure if I can do this, I know I have to but it seems there is no way, it's to hard. I carry on because I have to, but I'm not enjoying life any of it. Its a burden and a hard one at that.
    • Posted

Yes I know.  Oh it is so hard to live with depression.  Do you have better days at all or is it low all the time?  Have you support?  I am so sorry, but low myself at the moment, and difficult as you say.
  • Posted

Hi

some days I wish I wouldn't waken up and just keep u der the duvet.  Unfortunately, life goes on around you.  I have Parkinsonism with a stick, which is a nuisance but doesn't cause me much problems,except I can't walk far  and my friends can relate to this and sympathise but most can't sympathise with the depression which is far worse to handle.  It 's more or less "pull yourself together".  When you mention psych rust, it's almost like you've escaped from somewhere.

• Posted

Maybe you have to find something what you really love? SOme work, hobby, or a person? 
    • Posted

The problem is nothing makes me happy, I don't know what to do no more.
    • Posted

When you're at rock bottom, being happy is a lofty goal. I start by distracting myself. Find a distraction, ideally one that involves interacting with other human beings. With luck, it will help to take you out of yourself, and stop you focusing on the pain. That could be a first step to feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.