nothing is working

Posted , 9 users are following.

i've had BV for what feels like forever, but its only been a little over a year. i cant do it anymore. i literally can not take it. i have taken every single antibiotic in the book, and i get sick every single time my doctor prescribes me another one. ive tried probiotics and different shower gels and countless vitamins and supplements and changing my diet.... its so embarassing. i cant take it anymore. i literally CRY all the time. the smell is ridiculous. i cant go out in public i cant do it. sitting down is so uncomfortable because it feels like a puddle. i hate having sex with my boyfried because its so embarassing, even though he says he doesnt mind and ignores my symptoms. i cant wear nice clothes because the discharge goes right through my underwear. im honestly done. i dont know what else to do but i cant do it anymore. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You poor thing. So many of us feel your pain. Have you tried boric acid suppositories? Those have worked for me when nothing else would. Praying for you tonight.
    • Posted

i guess i'll try that. ive given up hope honestly i dont think anythings going to work anymore but ill try.

• Posted

I am so sorry, I too have the same problem. Try putting paper towels for the discharge and change them often so your underwear doesn't get ruined. You should try some hydrogen peroxide douches from the health grade 35%, which you can get on amazing, but you have to delute it to 3%, the internet will tell you what to do. That is what I was going to try next, but I have my period and decided to wait. Also, I carry H202 wipes with me to help with the smell. They works at times. Try taking probiotics from a natural brand also 2-3 daily, you can also insert one vaginally after your h202 washes. This treatment I read yesterday so I am excited to try it but I have to wait a couple of days. You should research it, so you know what's going  on. Hang in there, there is a cure for everyone, I believe. Everyone is just unique, so we have to find what's best for us, it takes time. I wouldn't suggest having intercourse since it can unbalance your pH, however, some girls chose to do it and have found a cure. 

I tried to insert Vit C and on the 3-5 days the smell was completely gone, I tried it a few more days, but it was making my vagina wall peel so I had to stop and the symptoms returned. I don't want to recommend it since it didn't work for me but some women swear by it.

There's a few other home remedies you could try. I can give you a few others too if you'd like. 

I'm sorry you're going through this, I really don't understand why some women go through this and it really sucks, but I haven't lost hope and it's been almost 3 years. when I first experienced, I about died of embarrasement, I couldn't think of anything more embarrasing and sure enough all those embarrasing moments happened, one after the other, after the other. It was harsh every time. I had to be put on antidepressants and it's helped me managed but I still get sad about it. 

I hope this helps a little for you. Best of luck.

• Posted

I had this problem for a few months too and was also put on several antibiotics by my primary doctor.  When that didn't work, I went to my OBGYN and she put me on metronidizal gel.  It went away then came back and I was put on cledamycin cream.  Then it went away, but she told me I should only use water to clean the area.  No soap at all anywhere around it.  I am also very cautious when I shave so I don't get anything scented near the area.  Now that I only use water and was taking vaginal probiotics twice a day, it hasn't been back in over three months.  Take the probiotics at least twice a day for over a month.  It will take a while to build up and I took one kind in the morning and a different kind at night.  I got the expensive ones from whole foods.  I also took monolaurin pills and this was all combined while taking the antibiotic gel.  I've also done some research about whether you can take too many probiotics and mostly, if they are for gut health, it can make you sick, but I haven't seen a lot about the vaginal probiotics. Good luck!

• Posted

Pleeeease Go to Walgreens or cvs and purchase acidophilus ! I was in the same boat for over a year. I took it 2 times a day for five days and it's been gone for 5 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.