nothing works

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had fibro for over 10 years but only been diagnosed this year. On mst,dyhidracodine, gabapentin, diclofenac and zopiclone occationally for sleep. Still in pain n getting imune to zopiclone. Pain is getting worse and so is mobility. cant take ametriptaline. Running out of ideas.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Take morphine and zapain
    • Posted

Mst is the morphine one but I'll defo give the other a go too. Thank you.
    • Posted

Actually just looked and cant take that because I'm already on dyhydracodine.
  • Posted

exactly why i never chose the route of meds read so many posts and several forums all saying the same or simuliar to what your saying either know better or only working a bit  taking the edge of .

i am in pain and have been for over 10 yrs range can be anything from 4/10 on the pain scale the fatigue is the worst , and the stiffness iv sort of got used to the pain .but the fatigue and stiffness i find really hard .

i asked my gp to consider ldn as in small studies its had good results without two many side effects ,but got no where with it because its not lisecened for use with fibro .

iv gone back on supplements to try and help ,i take colidaul gold, ionic silica ,and ionic minerals . it will take time to see if any good ,but better than nothing ,iv tried gold before and it did help a fair bit .

• Posted

just put a search in google your find all the info there  

easier than me trying to explain it. 

its low dose naltrexone 

• Posted

Dont think that would be suitable. I have to take the pills or I cant get out of bed dues to serveer pain and stiffness but its all not enough for me to fuction like I did on a normal day. I'm a single parent and I dont drive. Cant use buses because they are unreliable. So I would like to go shopping and to the park in the same day without feeling extreme pain.
    • Posted

the point is it works on the feel good receptors in the brain so it makes you feel better so hence thats why at the high dose   used for withdrawel 

it helps adicts not to depend on the highs of the drinks and drugs .

if i get my benefit again this time i shall  try and get it on private prescription . with an on line consultation that takes 30mins more than you get from gp . if not got to hope that the petiton gets acted on so its available for gps to prescribe for fibro .

• Posted

You could ask to be referred for CBT which helps you to deal with pain. If you are able to get in the bath, magnesium flakes or Epsom salts in a hot bath helps me. Also hot water bottles or heat pads to painful areas. Have you been to a pain clinic? Mine runs fibromyalgia courses which involve input from psychologist, physio, OT, etc. good luck. xx
    • Posted

I thought cbt was only for people with depression, which I don't have but it does sound interesting. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.