Nothing wrong generally but feeling really lazy

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone had one of those days when everything seems too much of an effort? I am 13 weeks post operation and generally doing good. Walking nearly back to normal. This is my second knee to be done . Today I am just lounging about doing nothing and seem to have lost the motivation to do anything at all. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be different.but am feeling really guilty. We are programmed to do things and this is not right for me. Has anyone else had days like this?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel like that al the time, Joan.  My 2nd knee has been such a nightmare, and doing anything is such an effort, that it's difficult to motivate myself.

Also, not sleeping well, with lots going round in my head, work-wise and upcoming next operation in Sept (and facing recovery again).

You are doing very well if your walking is back to normal, but you can allow yourself lazy days.  Your body is probably telling you that it needs a rest.

Patsy

• Posted

Hi...think we all have those days. Lots of stuff to do but no motivation to do any of it. I am 5 weeks post op and recovering slowly...wishing I could get back out and do things but spending a lot of time when not at PT etc sitting on my butt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.