Now can I panic?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a phonecall yesterday afternoon about my camera test for coeliac disease. It's 4 weeks away. I am scared not of having the camera but what they'll find/could find. How would you keep your nerves in check about this? My mother reckons she's coming with me but last thing i had done in hospital and i was a burden and a hassle. She's not coming. The other question is i am due to see my dietitian today - would you go or wait to have the camera 1st? I feel a bit torn and stuck.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Even if they find celiac, I wouldn't worry because it can be treated with a non gluten diet. People with celiac can live a normal life. If they diagnose you with celiac, at least you will know what you are dealing with. On the other hand, they may find nothing.Some people with IBS are sensitive to gluten; this may be your problem. It could be non celiac gluten intolerance. In any case, although worry is only natural, it won't change the outcome of the test.

• Posted

Try not to worry, to be honest I wish when I had my test done that it came back saying celiac at least you would no what the problem is, lots of gluten and wheat free foods. I have taken out my diet anyway, but unfortunately made no difference. Stress is one of the worst things for ibs. Stay calm and get your test, you may get a result that will help you. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Sam meant to say don't change your diet until you have test, I'm sure the dietician can advise.

• Posted

Hi Turkey and Pippa. I saw my dietitian today, who couldn't explain anymore to me. I don't care anymore about the camera itself, i just want to know i don't have cancer or anything serious. I will be OK. I am just glad to finally get the result.

• Posted

I suspect if your test shows anything, it will be something that is non threatening and treatable.

• Posted

Hi Sam

I agree with Pippa if anything shows up in sure it will be treatable with diet, try to not worry

• Posted

Hi ladies, i am not bothered what this is as long as they don't find cancer. The camera is a short amount of time and whatever the results the doctors still have to treat what i have regardless. Having a camera down my throat under deep sedation isn't great but it's the way they do it. Would coeliac disease cause persistent acid at the top of my stomach? I want to know if the camera could pick up anything else?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.