Now i'm onto a new worry

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't know what is wrong with me.  Over the past week I've had this achiness in my ribs in the back on both sides, pain in my left shoulder and upper arm, which my chiro said the arm was out so he fixed it, but still there, but I have to remember I had to for a week before I told him so of course it will be sore.  Anyway, last night my ribs where aching so i put on some asprecreme which I 've used for years on my neck. About an hour after putting it on i was having hot flashes and sweating a lot with it, but it started to feel hot and burn on my back, I looked in the mirrow and there were small spots on the left side ribs where I had put it and none on the back section, so I cleaned it off and the burning stopped.  But when it was happening I started to think I bet I have shingles.  I know it sounds stupid.  Then I woke up during the night, with ny night sweats and my neck felt stiff, I have nausea at times so I immediately thought I bet I have some kind of hidden virus and they are not finding it.  My goodness how many times can someone with health anxiety keep making up this crap and worrying?  I keep telling myself, if had something like that I wouldn't heal, like when i get a bruise it heals, I get a cut it heals.  My last blood counts in March where all normal.  I think because i have nausea, chills usually before a hot flash sometime just out of nowhere, sweating (hot flashes), achy arms and legs, rib aches, dizziness from my mirgaine associated vertigo which is everyday in some form, heart beating hard in the mornings, feel hot but temp is always below normal (due to my thyroid disorder) been this way for years.  I know alot of the above symptoms can come from anxiety as well, but for some reason i keep looking for something to be wrong.  

Any of you with health anxiety, do you ever wonder why you can't just let things go and be like other people?  I asked myself this everyday, why can't the aspercreme thing last night be, the sweating causes a problem with it on my skin, no more than that, because when I cleaned it off, it stopped.  Oh no, lets turn it into a virus.  It makes no sense to me.  

I guess its time to go back to my worry and anxiety workbook and meditiation to help me agian.  Journeling helped also.  I feel like a lunatic most of the time.  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I ask myself these things every day patty. I go through a cycle everyday where I wake up having symptoms, convince myself slowly throughout the day I have something very serious and horrible like MS or ALS or Parkinson's or cancer or whatever and then I break down completely and act like a lunatic. I have to stop myself from going to the ER. Eventually by the evening I calm down and remind myself it's probably just anxiety since my doctor says I'm fine and there's nothing to worry about. But the next day it's the same. I think the doctors missed something, I have something so rare they don't even realize I have it or think I'm too young to be sick. I'm not explaining my symptoms to them right and so they don't realize something is really wrong. I go crazy. Meanwhile the only disease I have is health anxiety. So I'm right there with you. Hope we both get better for the sake of not having a nervous breakdown

• Posted

anxiety is an awful thing, people who dont have it are so lucky, they even laugh at us, but if they had it they would not find it so funny, i am amazed how insensitive some people are as regards to mental ill health, mental illness can come on anyone, from the highest to the lowest.people maybe should think on that one.
    • Posted

Absolutely. People are always telling me to calm down there's probably nothing wrong I'm being crazy etc etc. Of course I wish I believed that! It's like they think I want to be sick or go to the doctor all the time. How nice it would be to wake up feeling normal and not worry about my health for a day. I can't even imagine it at this point. As for insensitivity, I work in the mental health field and it is so heart breaking to watch people treat their loved ones badly because their loved ones are suffering from mental illness. People without one truly do not understand what it's like. People I've worked with do not even understand. People need to change

• Posted

Both of You guys are talking the right language right now , people are quick to say calm down , change your way of thinking , retrain your brain , if it were that easy it wouldnt be a issues , but unfortunately its far from easy , we suffer on a daily basis , no one really understands unless they have been through it themselves , its depressing , debilitating, and sad that we have to go through thus , and yes things could be worse , but also things could be better as well . i struggle literally everyday some days better than others but with all my head sensations and fake heart attack sensations I still have to get up 6 am go to work fight with anxiety for 8 hrs then come home and fight some more its a big mess , I don't understand how it got this far , and how it really doesn't go away once it kicks in ,, there needs to be more research or something .. hope you all find some type of relief sooner than later

• Posted

Hello Patty

It sounds like the ointment that has caused your problems.

With regards your other problems I will attach those feeling to Anxiety.

The problem you have is if you are feeling unwell and you know what the problem is fair enough.

If you find a new condition that lasts for an extended period you need to see your GP. I can say to you it is all in the mind caused by anxiety or there is something wrong that your GP should see. 

With my condition, Chronic Pain and condition, I am like you, I worry that something additional will sneak up and not be picked up so I become very tentative and I start bending back my GPs Ear.

If you feel there is something additional and it does not clear, talk to your GP.

If you know it is possibly Anxiety, you can call yourself.

We are responsible for our health and we are in partnership with your GP as far as your health is concerned. Be sensible with your concerns and be practible with any needs you may have. Remembering the anxiety that you and your GP understand.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob

Thank you so much for your response and other responses you have made to my posts.  

I try to live by the rule my doc told me, if it goes on for 2 weeks then come see me, if its acute go to ER.  I have been to my GP so many times with this, the last time I had complete breakdown in his office.  He offered me zoloft, but I am afraid to take it, I've tried other anti-d's and had bad reactions from them, so I won't take them now.  

I had no anxiety for about 6 years and then when this dizzy stuff hit, that was it, its back in full force.  I know with the migraine associated vertigo or mal de demarkment syndrome, which is what the ent says I have, the anxiety is part of it.  so I asked myself if thats the case then why can't i seperate the two, but I guess its when anxiety starts in can spiral and you can't always stop it.  

I don't go back into the GP's office, because I feel he will just say well until you take the meds not much I can do.  I had to stop my therapy because I could not afford it anymore.  

So I try to go on alone and hope that i can slow down my fear.  I know its anxiety because if I take a xanax it goes away.  So I'm back to having to convince myself that it is anxiety because if it where something worse the xanax would stop it.

I thank you so much for listening and chatting with me.

• Posted

Patty

Have you tried relaxation techniques, the one that is popular at this time is MINFULNESS. i understand there are publications out there that can help people with anxiety and depression, give it a try. 

I use two different types and I am able to reduce my pulse and blood pressure it also relaxes my Chronic Pain and Reactive Depression

Give it a try, all the best and thank you

BOB

• Posted

hi patti im exactly the same as you im going thru a bad patch of anxiety at the mo.. with hyperventilation cos im focused on my breathing this is jus 1 of the 100 symptoms i suffer from or ive been suffering from for almost a year now.
    • Posted

HI Elaine

I'm sorry your having a rought time.  Anxiety is just awful, one minute you can feel normal/well and the next your freaking out and you don't know why.  All you know is you felt something and wham now your a gonner.  Then you spend the rest of the day trying to stay calm and gt to mind on something else, which almost never works.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.