Now I see why this is a viable option

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi to all those people out there who would like to not be. i now see why, i totally understand you. i wish i could - go forever?

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I get this and wish I could too sometimes. The reality is that if we don't want to exist we have to do something to end our lives and that's where it gets complicated. It then becomes a choice of how to do it. Now if you have a painless method then good for you, but I certainly don't have that.

That leaves other options which are painful and I think you have to be really determined to go through with this. Are you determined?

I faced exactly this choice in my late 20's - I recognised that I could no longer live a life where I was isolated and depressed so I could either end it or do everything I could to make my life more bearable at least. I decided to try the latter first coz I had nothing to lose as my first option would always be there.

I started by going on meds and getting some counselling. It did take time but through this I was able to make some small changes. To my delight what I didn't realise was that small changes add up to big ones like a domino effect.

I took up a hobby I loved and through this made friends. From these friends I made others and soon I had the confidence to do other things like going to Uni as a mature student. From each thing I did I gained something else which followed on from them and eventually I got a life which had enough pleasure in it not to want to end it all.

My advice to you is to start small and make those little changes. x

• Posted

hi hypercat, i wrote this post a couple of days ago when something terrible had happened. it's a bit more sorted now, someone accused me of not helping someone else and what i did apparenrly made a situation worse!

• Posted

Oh dear this is so hurtful isn't it and I have had it too on here which is why I very rarely post or reply now. I do still come in sometimes. I know you always try your best to help and they should still praise you for acknowledging and trying even if they think it wasn't helpful.

I replied to someone once and got ganged up on by 2/3 people who were very nasty. It pushed me right down into the abbyss where I was convinced I was just a piece of garbage and had to stop myself from going to sit on my garden rubbish in despair!

There are some rude and nasty people around. I am glad you are feeling a bit better now. x

• Posted

hi hypercat, thanks for replying back. this situation i have been through is now much better my husband got cross but realised it wasn't my fault. he hasn't totally resolved the situation but it can be mutually sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.