Now my lungs seem to have gone wrong

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a chronic cough on and off for a few years but this morning I could feel my lungs were so wheezy and tight and the cough has got worse. I am on carbimazole so wondered if I should be worried? No mouth ulcers and throat not sore. It just feels as though my lungs are waterlogged or something. I had a bit of a crisis bringing the horses in today. Quite a dangerous situation as one had escaped into others' field and so easy to get hurt. I was just leading them in when I coulld hardly get my breath and had chest pains. I have an appointment with my GP on Wed but am wondering if I should go in earlier. I feel fine now just sitting down mut my lungs are not right.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, evergreen, I think you should get in sooner. I'm not a Dr. but they way you are describing your lungs you may need a chest xray.

Maybe since you have been coughing and your pain could possibly be pneumonia. I personally think you shouldn't mess around with those symptoms and see your Dr. sooner so you can have a chest xray or what he professionally thinks you need to help you with your complaints.

Good luck. I'm sure its fine but better safe than sorry.

God bless you,

Kristy k

• Posted

Thanks, Kirsty, I will certainly go tomorrow if I don't feel any better. I have taken my temperature and it's normal, but somethingis not right with my lungs.
    • Posted

Hi, Thank you for letting me know that we know our bodies more than anyone else. I'm sure it will be ok. Good news. Let me know how it goes

God bless you,

Kristy k

• Posted

Hello Evergreen.

​Have you ever thought that you could have asthma  that could make you wheeze and have a tight chest,its just a thought.

• Posted

Thanks. Yes, I may have. My mum had late onset asthma. So far this morning it feels slightly better, although I've not done anything strenous yet. I think I can rule out an infection though. If it gets worse again, I'll go to the docs this morning, if not, I'll stick to my regular appointment tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.