Now signed out of FODMAPs now what?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My dietitian signed me off which is fabulous but now my diet is good finally, now to work on stress how do I lower that on top of pilates as my doctor's done nothing. Awaiting scan results to see if I have diverticulitis. What can I eat for less stress levels than I have? Please seriously help no jokes thanks.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

The best thing for stress levels is distraction techniques such as the pilates you are already doing. You could try deep breathing exercises, relaxation therapy or meditation. The only thing I can think of foodwise is to cook from fresh and avoid processed foods that contain chemicals that are not go for us.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, thanks for the information I will try that and see if it helps hopefully it does.
    • Posted

It’s trying to keep the anxiety at bay is the challenge!  I have always been anxious so in a way I have just got used to it and if I get an IBS flare up because of it, I take antispasmodics and painkillers and carry on regardless.
    • Posted

Exactly!  I am have specific counselling at the moment as I have ptsd but they're quick enough to offer you anti depressants which make you feel like rubbish, but NOT to deal with the anxiety.  I need this counselling as the issues I am discussing are really messing with my life and I have got to the point where I've had enough.  I think if my doctor doesn't see the seriousness of this next week then I'll be asking for a second opinion as I've done my best I feel.  If you can't trust your doctor who can you trust?  IF necessary I'll get my counsellor to speak to my doctor see how seriously she then takes it?  I'm sorry if that appears mean but I've just had enough.

• Posted

You’re quite right to try for a second opnion.  You could also ask if there are any new techniques for treating PTSD that may work better for you.

My doctor wanted me to try low dose antidepressants for nerve pain but I declined and I am investigating natural remedies. In the end, I may have to learn to live with it.

• Posted

It's strange after all these years that conventional and alternative medicine providers don't work together to help patients the best way they can.  Mind you if they did that then people like glaxo-smithkilne (I may have the name wrong) or any of the big drugs industries won't make a profit will they?  Aw shame, it's about time we listened to the Chinese and went back to nature as this appears to never have served us wrong!  I am looking in to alternative treatments as my counselling is for assault which is why I am struggling with life full stop.

• Posted

I agree. Prescription drugs make money and that seems to be the guiding force when it comes to treatment.  I am so sorry to  hear about the cause of your PTSD.
    • Posted

Thanks pippa , that's just a kind thing to say, that's why I am having to have counselling - if I don't I can't move my life forward and then they've won doing what they did.  I want to adopt and need to be able to cope.  You take care.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.