numb tingling

Posted , 4 users are following.

It seems that numbness and tingling is common with anx, for me and my health anx I notice that if I am focusing on an area of my body- say my hand, then before too long I notice definate numbness or tingling. Does this happen to anyone else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I can't go a day without my hands or legs going completely numb. 
    • Posted

I've always thought that it was because we are hyper aware of every little sensation when we are anxious, so all these feelings happening to everyone all the time, it's just because we focus so much that they become a problem. That's always how I've looked at it? 
  • Posted

Yes I get it a lot.  I mainly get it on my legs.  The problem is that because you are focusing on one area your brain picks up tis and starts to over react.  Try and distract yourself.  What you have is common in anxiety.  Take care
    • Posted

Thanks ,every little thing is sending me into overdrive at the mo! 
  • Posted

Its nice to see you're getting some answers, as i've seen you've helped a lot of people on this forum, including myself. I only tend to get numbness, and tingling when i'm having an attack. In general, i don't really suffer from this. My heart races, constantly. 

Sam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.