Numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Citalopram 20mg fo about 18mths. Yes it stopped the tears but I feel so numb and empty. No interest in anything. I keep planning to get myself out and doing things but it never goes further than the planning stage. I was on MAOIs forabout 30yrs and they worked for me but I am not allowed back on them.

Does anyone else frrl this emptiness?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Molly sorry to hear you are feeling like that.  Have you considered talking to the doctor about increasing your dose which may be the push you need to get you beyond the planning stage and out and about which in turn may make you feel a bit more motivated and stronger. 
  • Posted

tbh I am trying to come off them on my own
  • Posted

Hi lovely Mollysox, Some time ago I was like you. to much like hard work to give myself a kick up the backside, life was just no fun. I went to a shrink who recomended computer training.  I thought what the hell is the good of that, however the lady that was with me at the time said you come for help and refuse every thing they offer so I agreed to go ((ha ha what they did not know was I only intended to go twice to keep them quiet )) I did it was wonderful, when I found the fun things like graphics and talking and learning with others.  Obviously you know comps but have you teamed up with some one in the same stage as you
  • Posted

I have kicked myself up the backside so many times that now I am just too tired and have a bad feeling that its all too late

• Posted

Come on darlin, you are talking to the Master of moroseness here.  At the moment I am going through a VERY bad patch, people like you are all I can talk to, cos you know the rules.. Bloody awful yes, God has forsaken us two.  OK how am I doing.  We only differ in as much that I know we CAN both come out of this.  I know it will get better and when I am happy I have spent so much time in the mire I dont want to miss a minute of the delerious results happiness is, with some effort and plenty of time I at least am going to cry how good life is.  Think good think happy learn something it's called self worth and you have so much worth, well believe it or not you have helped me already !!!! I know I am not on my own

Carl xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.