Numbness &Tingling progresses with alcohol?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So im noticing more and more wierd symptoms. For one, sugar and caffeine causes a burning scalp that almost feels as if acid is poured onto my scalp along with itching. But I had drank beer, which i have not in quite some time. I am aware i have a sensitivity to wheat but typically i just get a little bit of a puffy face the day after. Not this time, i had 2 beers and my hands went completly numb with the feelings of pins and needles. Typically this goes away but it lasted from 4 pm and did not go away until i woke up the next morning. Completly freaked me out. Anyone else get extreme sensitivites to alcohol, I have never had a problem before till this issue arose

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do, haven't had the burning scalp sensation but when I drink I definitely regret it. I get facial numbness and extreme fatigue,brain fog, dizziness  and weakness. I know it's not the same as your symptoms but apparently alcohol and lymes do not mix. Sucks cause a beer every now and then is sometimes needed 

• Posted

well we were outside as well so i considered that to play a factor as well. Do you have heat intolerance as well?  Regardless of drinking, If im outside in general in high heat i get the numb face body tingles along with almost like a loss of coordination/ balance. Do you have any of this as well? 
    • Posted

Yes I was never one for the heat to begin with but it is def elevated now. Not sure if it's the meds or the Lyme 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.