nwed help asap

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I was on this site off and on the last few months and now I'm back again. I originally started citalopram in November at 10 mg and worked myself up to 40 over the months. I went from a complete mess to absolutely amazing I haven't had any problems I until yesterday. I woke up with panic and adreiline. It was a shock I thought I had beat all of this now in kinda feeling a little rough. I have been feeling so good that I went back to my old routines such as drinking beer and energy drinks. Idk if this is causing the anxiety or if there somthing else going on. I'm also under tons of stress idk what's happening. Any advice will help please throw everything at me. Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scott

it sounds to me that the energy drinks and alcohol plus the extra stress has pushed your tolerance over the limit so your body is reacting by replicating what it did before creating anxiety symptoms and all the other unpleasant nasties? It scares the hell out of you and reminds you that complacency is our worst enemy.

Once you've been an anxiety sufferer you need to keep nourishing your body with unprocessed foods ,lots of water ,rest, recreation but in moderation.Rest up, be kind to yourself ,nourish your body and try to relax your mind.Your body is telling you to slow down or else!

Bottom line is the nasties are only symptoms ,try to see this episode as just a setback ,look how far you've come and its normal to suffer blips.Try not to be fearful and move forward because you will feel well again and once you maintain a balanced way of living and keep taking the meds the anxiety will diminish altogether.

Take care

Felis

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi yes I agree you need to stop the energy drinks !

I switched a few things from starting these meds 20 mg in jan . Things like switching from anadin extra pain killers if needed to paracetamol , switched to decaf tea in stead of coffee, I've totally stopped red bull as even before I was ill that made ne feel weird the day after it .

Good luck x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its only been since November when you started, so I'd imagine you're still susceptible to the occasional blip.  Even when you've recovered, you can still get a blip months, even years after feeling well for so long.  Usually it's because some little stress has arisen, making you tired, bothered you in some way .......  That doesn't mean every little stress will cause, but something unbeknown to you has probably triggered it.

It could well be the energy drinks, but I've drunk them before and I drink beer or wine during the week with no bother.   We're all different of course, and different things can trigger it.  For me, if I have too many late nights and don't get enough sleep (I am a night person), then I can feel my anxiety hovering.

It always amazes me that we can feel well for a long time, and as soon as we get a blip it sends us into a spiral.

So, I think you're still recovering, and something has triggered this ...... maybe the drinks, maybe not.

Just go with the flow, take it easy, know that it'll pass.

K xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I agree with Katecogs. I've had coffee tea energy drinks alcohol when on 20mg no problems. What gave me the anxiety was added stress and tiredness. If I don't get enough sleep i feel dizzy and get anxious if something stressful comes up.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I habing a very hard time now. I feel like crying and many of my symptoms are returning very quick I don't know what to do. I actually getting really upset. I can't start this all over. I've come so far and I'm losing all hope again. I don't understand how this is hitting me so hard. I don't know what to do. I can't get into the doctor for 2 more days and I'm so scared.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I really think you're just having a blip.  I know it's hard, but they're quite normal throughout recovery and it will go again.

Best thing I found when having one was to try and relax (easier said than done, I know).  Try and accept this is a blip, it's temporary, go about life in a relaxed manner - walking slower, don't hurry, drive slower, again don't race along.  Get some exercise ie walk every day, eat well and get to bed early.  You'll probably find that in no time this blip will ease off.

You may get many blips along the way, but just letting them be there and trying to relax as best you can whilst you wait for them to ease, will help it on its way.

This doesn't mean you're ill again, but simply that you're still recovering and more time is needed.

Dont rush into increasing your meds either, as this will give you more side effects and you'll still get blips on whatever dose you take.

You have come so far, and you have still durther to go.  It'll be fine - it'll ease off.

K x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much Kate. Everytime I post I look forward to your advice and reassuring words. You are an amazing person. You help so many of us get through the hardest times. Thank you!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up