O/oil

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been on Orlistat for 5 days also. I experience, terrible headaches, swollen stomach, weight gained of 5 lbs in 5 days. Adding to the wind and constantly running to the toilet. In addition all my bedsheets are now oily orange. The only way I have overcome this was to reduce my intake to two a day instead of three. I have also increase my workout at the gym, and vegetable intake. I will keep you posted as the weeks goes on.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

OMG :o Thats terrible. Are you sure you're eating just your allowance of fat each day?

I do my best to stick to it, and have only been affected with the orange oil a couple of times.

xx

• Posted

Hi Dooghir,

I too have experience the same aprt from the gain. I have found the headaches ( i suffer from Mirgaines) are most likely due to dehydration, Up the fluid intake and remember if your meal does not contain fat there is no need to take a pill.

I have had a blinder migraine for 2 days now and my usual meds for it are not working. I think it coz I have not had enought water to replace the lost fluid down the toilet!!! :wink:

I hope this helps

Keep on trucking!

• Posted

thank you to all. I have increased my water intake to 2 litres a day. Normally my diet is very good. i.e Oats with organic semi-skimmed milk in the morning.

Lunch: 1 pkt of green organic salad, with coconut oil, oilve oil, cayn pepper, omega 3,6, and 9 oil. and fruits for afters, plenty of fruits, plums, strawberry, mangos, blueberry, whatever ids in season at the time

Dinner: large portion of mixed veg, two pieces of fish, corn feed chicken or organic meat- and more fruits.

1 cup of green tea before bedtime- with my supplements.

gym workout 3 to 4 times a week including aerobics workout.

i am not a chocolate or biscuit person- but will have the occasional M&M

• Posted

Hiya,

Coconut OIL.....Olive OIL... I`d hazard a guess and say this is why ur running to the loo.

Ud be surprised at the amount of fat that some HEALTHY foods contain.

Lindy...x

• Posted

Hi doohgir,

Skye is right the tabs can't tell good fat from bad :? So even if you're eating GOOD fat it is still fat as far as the tabs are concerned and approx 1/3 of all the fat you eat you will pass through your system.

I feel heartly sorry for you as on a NORMAL diet what you're eating would be classed as pretty good :!:

So watch your TOTAL fat intake not just saturates and hopefully it will all settle down :wink:

TTFN Kal

• Posted

OK GUYS THANK YOU I WILL TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT
  • Posted

so this orange oil is normal?

I started to take the tablets on monday and went to toilet yesterday and they was orange oil. it freaked me out a bit because i didn't know if it was normal or not.

• Posted

You experience the orange oil if ur overdoing the fat in ur diet.

Are u sticking to a low fat diet?

• Posted

I too started on Monday and no horrible sightings yet - must be doing something right! I already feel much better and actually don't feel so bloated - caribbean here I come!
  • Posted

well normally i have salad for my dinner and i didnt have any salad stuff inn so i had mushroom soup for my dinner so maybe thats done it?

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up