OAB

Posted , 3 users are following.

Urologist did a scope today and decided that my problem is a Overactive bladder. and not BPH.  He prescribed mirabegron  which may cause High blood pressure. I dont care if it will stop the frequency of trips to the toilet. I have seen 4 urologists before this one told me, that, so I dont have much faith in any doctor now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

He probably didn't find any obstruction hence the OAB verdict. There is another possibility. Are you taking in too much fluid ? The best is to pee into cup or bottle and measure the total for a day. My brother was diagnosed with OAB, until he told me he drank 3 liters + a day. Hank

• Posted

What kind of climate where your brother lives if he drinks that much
    • Posted

He admitted that it was a habit he picked up during working days: too many coffee breaks (free coffee) -> too many bathroom trips. Hank

• Posted

I'm not sure how much coffee I used to drink when working but it was probably around 7 cups plus tea and coffee at home.

Nowadays I've cut it right down and a lot of the time drink hot water.

After my PVP I was drinking 3 litres a day until the Uro said it was far too much and to keep it under 2litres. 

• Posted

Your uro is right. 2 liters is about what I am doing. Like to cut down a little more. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.