Obsessed with cancer/can't enjoy life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey can someone please help me?? This all started on March 12th when I noticed my neck felt funny.. so I rubbed the back of my head right over top of the neck where it meats the head .. I notice I had a knot there. So I really paid it no mind until a few days later it didn't go away.. so I started to get a lil worried and started checking my neck and head for knots about a 3-4 days later I notice a knot in my neck so I mad a doctor's appointment. The doctor told me she thinks it's a knotted muscle and just give if a few weeks, she went on to ask questions if I been bitten or pulled a muscle I told her I don't think so.. so I let a week go by and the knot stil didn't go away .. so I started to research on the internet to see what it might be everything kept coming up as cancer.. so I went back and told her I'm scared it's cancer!! She still didn't seem to concerned , she asked me did I stress a lot and ever had anxiety I told her yes but I don't believe this is all caused by anxiety.. so she ordered a ultra sound for me.. before my ultrasound appointment my face started to go numb on left side my ears started to feel plugged and like they need to pop.. so I got the ultrasound and they said they saw to little lymph nodes on each sides and thats it's normal.. my glandes on each side was different I think one side was like 2cm and other was 4cm but they said your body is different on each side. so after all this she said not to worry she doesn't believe it's cancer.. what do you mean you don't believe I need to know it's not!!! So I switched doctors and made an appointment last week he looked over my face and felt it and under my arms and shoulders and said he checked ultrasound and really don't see anything alarming.. but since the middle of APRIL my ears have been plugged needing to pop I can't really hear at some times..headaches on each side of head right by my eyes for the past 2 weeks and the knot on my neck is still there even though it's tiny.. underneath of jaw bone I have swelling and sometimes it get worse it seem like when I stress it flares up.. the doctors won't take me seriously and I don't know what to do.. it clearly a knot in my neck and swelling on both sides of jaw area

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've got it to it started when I was in a car crash suffered whiplash and my neck and shoulder has been sore ever since when I worry it tightens up and I go dizzy have pain in my temples and ear when I stretch it I feel 💯 better could be abit of tmj in there have you been to the dentist recently?

• Posted

No I haven't rolleyes my doctor keep blowing it off like it's nothing even with all my symptoms.. I even changed doctors at my doctor office and the next doctor just said take stuff for allergies.. I even went to ER and he said nothing grabs his attention.. but nobody will run more test like MRI or biopsy.. they think it's anxiety to the max!

• Posted

I'm pretty sure it is .I've had cts and mris all came back normal I've tried everything I'm trying a chiropractor soon to see if that helps me I'm sure you'll be ok try to calm down anxiety can make you feel like you have everything wrong with you hope you get better soon always light at the end of the tunnel

• Posted

Well that's good all your test came back normal that's great news! I wish they would let me do MRI and cat scan all I have done was ultrasound 😕.. but Thanku for all the info I wish u the best too!

• Posted

Hello John,

I've gone through similar before and it was just a constantly swollen gland, I was obsessed it was cancer to the point I was in therapy.

I soon learned after doctors appointments and hospital appointments that the doctors would be concerned if they needed to, they aren't heartless and they do care. So i calmed down and eventually the gland went down too, it was kinked to stress.

You have had too many tests for something not to have been found meaning there's nothing.

A simple blood test is usually enough to find cancer an most common ailments so get one if you haven't or if so stop worrying.

Enjoy life

Regards

• Posted

Thanku for replying .. I got an ultrasound and they did some blood work and he said it looks fine ... but can an ultrasound be enough testing ? They only checked one side of my neck and not my head
    • Posted

I definitely think it's enough they won't let me have that.

Trust them they spent years training

• Posted

Yes .you will be fine try to keep your mind busy and stop thinking about it I know it's hard but you'll feel a lot better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.