Obsessed with getting cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm absolutely obsessed with googling cancer.

It all started in May when i had my 6 week check after having my son, I had a high wbc count in my urine but cultures came back negative to infection. I Googled this and it returned sites for liver, bladder and kidney cancer. I completely freaked out. I didn't eat or sleep, lost 7lbs in 4 days, would only drink water, had no interest in my son either.

I had to have a doctor call me to calm me down at one point. In the end I had picked up ecoli fron a catheter I had in hospital.

Since then I have managed to covince myself I have breast cancer, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer....you name it...I've got it.

It's become so bad that I even inspect my faeces after every bowel movement.

A few weeks ago my bowel movements became very light brown/yellow. When I needed to go....I had to go. I was actually very calm about this one and decided to give myself 3 weeks to see if it would change with diet...which it did a week later.

This morning after a bowel movement I wiped and had only some mucus on the paper. I did strain slightly but now I am beginning to think that I have colorectal cancer. I have had pains under my rib cage on both side which only is noticeable when I think about it.

I'm sick of being like this. I spend all day on my phone googling...I even Google certain cancers to find their symptoms to see if I have them.

Am I the only one????

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was exactly the same you name it I had the cancer. I even inspected my poop!!

Advice to give stop googling however hard it is it fuels your anxiety.

Whatever cancer I imagined I had pain there as the mind is a powerful thing.

Try CBT it does help.

I thought I had every cancer going it drove me crazy, still does but I have good and bad days and can manage it sometimes.

• Posted

donnie

Stop Googling you are ok no cancerĀ 

Clear brown liquid on the toilet paper is like a lubricant to pass your stools.

Do not look at google, when I was a child I managed to get a hold of a copy of family Doctor, a big error, drove my parents and the GP mad

BEHAVE !!!!! LOL

All the best, stop worrying and keep a hold LOL

BOB

• Posted

I am exactly the same way! I constantly feel for lumps and when I feel any kind of pain I think it's cancer! I have two boys and I am a single mother so my fear is getting cancer and leaving them.

I too have had mucus when after going to the bathroom. It only happened once. I completely freaked out! I read that it can happen from time to time. My doctor said I have IBS which can cause mucus. I also inspect my feces. If something is a little off I freak out!

Now my arms and legs hurt. My muscles ache. I went to the doctor and found out I have a severe vitamin d deficiency. I don't believe it's causing my pain. I think it's MS.

I wish I had an answer for you but just know you are not alone and I think you are fine. Every time I go to the doctor there is a simple explanation. I get weird random pains all over. I feel like something is wrong! It's hard to live like this! I know exactly how you feel!

• Posted

Morning everyone

Thank you for the replies. It really helps knowing I'm not the only one.

I get random pains all the time...I then Google it. It's ruining me, before May I was happy go lucky, wasn't phased by anything.

Now I have to force myself to hold it together.

I don't want to go to my doctor about it because I have just bought life insurance so if he prescribes me anything it will null it. And then if I did get sick my family would struggle. 😣😣

I try and give myself pep talks but it doesn't work. I'm hoping that I'll wake up one day and be back to normal. I'm exhausted by keeping up the facade that I'm fine.

• Posted

I know how you feel. I am exhausted. I can't take another days of this! I believe I have developed an ulcer. I also have stomach inflammation. I stress eat which makes everything worse. I need relief too. I wish we could snap our fingers and be back to our happy selves!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.