Obsessive Thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Keep having really stupid obsessive thoughts like i'm going to lose my job, i've hurt someone without knowing it, something bad has happened to someone close to me etc etc. Think people are getting sick of having to reassure me all the time, so how can i reassure myself? 

Had CBT and medication a few years ago neither seemed to help.

3 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

The simplest thing to do is to tell yourself to stop being so negative! Be more positive. There is no reason for you to be feeling these things other than you putting these negative thoughts in your head so tell yourself to be more confident and more accepting of positive thoughts.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You can try some calming supplements to help you alleviate these issues. Inositol is documented to help with anxuety/panics so up to 2000 mg daily can be used.

Another calming supplement is Holy Basil but some people feel sleepy immediately after taking it so tested it out in the morning.

Other evening calmers are GABA, theanine, lemon balm extract so you can try each one I dividually to determine if it feels good for you. Sometimes a combo also works.

Thesecare not cures but aids and many studies show that these help with your situation.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get these thoughts all the time. Six months ago I was plagued with the constant incessant fear that I was going to do despicable things that I would never do. It got to the point where I thought I was going to have a breakdown. Have you been diagnosed with OCD at all if you don't mind me asking?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You know very well that having all those negative thoughts are self destructive. Your present thoughts define your future. If you are thinking of those bad thoughts right now, then more likely your actions and choices at the moment affects your future. The best thing you can do is to set yourself away from these uncomfortable thoughts. Do some meditations to calm your mind or do some breathing exercises. Distract yourself whenever those negative thoughts are popping up again. Focus your attention to your surrounding rather than your inner self. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up