Occlusion Lens

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. 

Just wondered if anyone has used or uses an occlusion lens and how good they are? I have been told i have intractable diplopia so the only way to get single vision is block the vision from one eye. I currenlty wear an eye patch (nice ones i might add) but my consultant wants me to try the lens which i am going to do but he forwarned me that it still lets in some light as my pupil will still contract. i just wonder how good they are. Many thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't answer your question but I want to say that only being able to see out of one eye sucks. One day I had a stoke. I woke up and I was seeing cross eyed so the only way I could see to use the phone to call was to close one eye. And everything I had to do that day was one eyed. It made me dizzy too. Just wanted to say that I feel for you having to live that way day in and day out..

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. It really is horrible and I'm only 30 so have a whole life ahead of me like it. I am apparently unique as the type I have is pretty much so unusual it's not been seen before! I hope you are recovered now.

• Posted

To the two of you who are experiencing sight issues although I can't really relate because my sight issues were short-lived I did want to relate a few things to you. My only experience really comes from my chronic pain and dealing with doctors in that regard. First of all the issue with doctors not wanting to do the test that you asked them to do or the Imaging and treating you like you're stupid or something it's their damn egos. But that's when you have to stand up to them and advocate for yourself. You have to ask why not. Nothing else has come up so why can't we run this test and see what happens. I think a little pushing might get you somewhere. Maybe, maybe not. I know with chronic pain when you're trying to figure out what's wrong with say your lower back it's a constant battle to get doctors to run images or tests to try to figure out what the problem is. The other issue I wanted to address was the MRI. First of all I don't believe the MRI are unsafe like x-rays are. Because MRIs work off magnetic field so I think they're relatively safe. But I do want to point out something that I learned. I'm sure you did use a full sided MRI but I just want to make sure that you know the open MRIs that they are now using for claustrophobic people are not as good as closed MRI. They do not pick up everything. So make sure all your MRIs are in a standard MRI machine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.