OCD or GAD

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have the need for things to be just right or it makes me anxious.If I fix something I have to go back and check if it's still ok. I also will for instance turn off the tv to leave home and open the door back up to make sure I turned it off. Dr. thinks I have GAD because of excessive worry and overthinking.I have been on fluoxetine for 8 months but not 100%

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably a bit of both, I have had general anxiety most of my life and part of it includes double checking things that make me feel unsafe, locking doors, cookers, taps, windows etc I also have strong routines that if I don't follow them I can not rest like hand washing and places for things.

So as you see a bit of both, I used to get incredibly stressed because of it but nothing seems to be able to stop me doing it so I have now got it easier to get on with my life and except it as being normal for me, I'm lucky my partner understands whi makes it a bit less of a problem

Do you have any one who you can talk to about it

• Posted

Yes I do and I went to therapy for a bit but it was starting to get repetitive and I wasn't getting much out of it. I have been meditating every day for a sense of calm and now I am trying positive affirmations

• Posted

That's good that you are facing the problem head on, most people slip into denial and find it hard to except that it is a mental health issue sooner than a physical thing, I really struggled to come to terms with it and it at one point took over my life, it's never going to go away completely as far as I can see but at least each time it rears its head you will be partially prepared

Never be afraid to say that you are suffering, you will be surprised how many deal with it and are their for each other

• Posted

Thanks for understanding it helps.I also suffer from migraines which I think is tied into the stress from the anxiety. I have been going to acupuncture to see if it will help

• Posted

Knowing that you are not alone helps I believe and being able too be honest and open is also a good thing especially when your young and dealing with life problems that you don't think your going to have to go through.

Definitely tell people when you are struggling don't hold it in.

Migraine brought on by anxiety is quite common as well, try gently massaging your temples, better still get someone else to do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.