OCD thoughts.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I've finally figured out what's going on. I feel as if everything going on has been OCD, I'll have super crazy unrealistic thoughts that make me super anxious and freak out. Like "someone in my house takes meds for being schizophrenic and I feel like he put pills in the food" stupid right? That or on a daily basis of me thinking that I'm going psychotic because I can't get my controls under control or because I'm having anxiety. I feel one thing crack or move on my body and I think its killing me. Its so obnoxious and today has been a little clear so I can see what I'm putting myself through, even though I'm still semi feeling them. Does anyone else go through this? What has helped you? I had a bad reaction with lexapro (or maybe it was in my mind) but still I don't think I will ever do an SSRI again. Help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm Exactly the same. Look at cbt online it's ocd thoughts and ocd intrusive thoughts. U need to change your reaction to your thoughts. Not react. currently in a similar way my self. Try keep your mind occupied and I've started labelling all my issues like racing heart or a feeling under a anxiety Label.. So as soon as i get say a scary thought I go on that's just anixty.. Next... Them if I get a head ache I go oh that's just anxity again and try get on with things. It will take me weeks and months to feel ok again but this little way of treating each symptom as just anxity kind of takes the fear away a little. keep strong
    • Posted

Yeah, it kept me up last night.. couldn't sleep and then I kept waking up thinking I was going crazy. It sucks
    • Posted

It's anxity making your worst fears feel real and scare you

I've had it months now but everyday it gets less scary if you try to not react. They say folk with anixty and ocd are the oppersite to there silly thoughts. If your anxouis fear buzzes off it and makes things elaborate. Once you see them as just thoughts of anxity trying to scar you then it gets easier. Loads get over this. My cbt tutor told me over and over thoughts can't hurt you, just thoughts carry zero weight.it's a Shame we couldnt obsess over posituve thoughts this woukd be way better haha. Like obsess that we are amazing, and that we unstoppable haha. I guess human nature and society ends up having us so Negative. We need more positive folk in the world.

For now keep strong and remember thoughts and feelings are temp and change all the time. Try do some positive reading ib the net. It helps me often :-)

• Posted

Also lack of sleep effects anxity levels. Important to sleep, eat and drink plenty water. Mindfulness is fab but my mind races too much I can't last long at it. But proven to help many with anixty and stressful folk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.