odd heart / breathing sensation.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 13 and recently I have been having some wierd breathing and heart sensations. They started by once trying to fall asleep but then I was jolted up after I stopped breathing for a few seconds. It made me very conscious about my breathing, but then I realised something abnormal about my heart and how I breathed. I started thinking about my breathing and I noticed somehow that it was much easier to breathe, like way too easily and I felt very relaxed which panicked me a bit because normally when I think about breathing I always started yawning or always getting short of breath, which I considered normal until I finally got my mind off of it and just went to sleep. But in this occasion my heart felt almost too relaxed and light and it's like I lost my breathing reflex.

I was wondering if it was tied to my 'extreme' anxiety, or if I'm just being paranoid. It was just the matter of change - like feeling too relaxed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Let me get this straight, you expect it to be higher?
    • Posted

Well my actual heartbeat seems fine, it's just the relaxing bit that stresses me out.

Im not sure myself but I have noticed a definite change, I've heard of anti-relaxation anxiety which might be what's happening but I will get checked for sure.

I have problems with explaining things so I tend to ramble, sorry!

• Posted

No it's just from what I'm hearing it seems like your amazed that something is working correctly. XD

• Posted

that's the point, it feels really off. Whenever I'm tryng to sleep, relaxing or even just talking a walk. (maybe the "jolting awake" at the beginning was irrelevant). I've experienced many anxieties before but I'm not sure if this is one or not.

The sensation of relaxation in general makes me uneasy and I'm wondering if it's serious.

• Posted

I think you might just be overthinking this. You had a little scare then went into thinking too much. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.