Odd sensation. Ministroke, stress or anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been stressing and worrying about my health these past few days thanks to the different sensations I have on my body (shoulder tension, arm aches and pains and leg aches, and a slight weight to the right side of my face that I can't explain, but no droopiness or weakness, or loss of sense of touch). But today when I started the work day I zoned out for a few seconds, the radio that was playing seemed to be playing as if it was slowed down and my mind blanked, all the worry I was feeling was gone, and my mind felt like it was in a fog (still does). I can still think and understand what people say, but it feels like I've either burned out with stress or something else happened. Has anyone else with stress or anxiety felt this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do things kinda seem as if they are unreal?? Like fake looking almost? Or do you feel as though you are viewing yourself through your eyes??
  • Posted

EF4468, stress and anxiety kind of go hand in hand. I have EXACTLY the same symptoms. The pressure you are feeling in your face may be due to a light case of TMJ pain. You may be clenching your teeth without knowing it. I do it all the time where I had to get a mouth guard. When I don't wear it, I get headaches and my face/cheeks feel numb from stressing the facial/jaw muscles. I also have periods of "missing" time. Where I can look at the clock one second and the next is 30 mins passed. Creepy. Yes is a fog. As long as you are still stressed, the fogginess may continue. I sometimes feel I've lost my sanity. But is all about having your mind focused on something else. Is a common symptom with people with anxiety disorders like me. Try to relax and will eventually disappear. Is your mind playing tricks on you. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.