Off stomach

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi this might sound like a silly question but can anxiety make you feel ill since yesterday I have had a bad stomach keep feeling sick but haven't been sick feel tired and drained I don't know if this is all down to anxiety as I have been worrying a lot and getting myself all worked up had a few panick attacks I have never felt like this before down to anxiety I mean I don't kno if it's a bug or what??

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

It could be anxiety. I had stomach problems for a long time with my Anxiety Disorder until my GP prescribed Lansoprazole 30mg  one capsule a day

On the other hand it could be a tummy bug

The things is we do get aches and complaints and illnesses. We have to accept that, as human beings, whether we have AD or not. Few of us get through life without getting sick now and then

So whatever triggered it there's no point adding fear to it. It does sound like AD induced. Lots of nice warm drinks to calm your tummy, avoid milk/dairy produce and a nice hot water bottle on the tummy soothes it. As does rubbing your belly in circular motions

It's not going to kill you so don't worry, okay?

Hugs

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Stress causes more stomach acid. I've been down that road, Kirsty. I even used to wake up in the night with stomach pains

If it's a tummy bug it will  settle down in a few days

If it's stress induced you need to stop frighting yourself by thinking it's something bad.  Serious illnesses are rare

Considering you felt anxious and panicky it's like as not due to anxiety. You need to calm down and tell yourself you are going to "nurse " your tummy until it settles down, not tell yourself you have some life-threatening illness.

Nothing bad is going to happen to you, Kirsty. Had you, say, appendicitis or gastritis you'd know about it, believe you me! Having stomach ache and feeling sick and tired does not mean you are deathly ill. It means you have tummy ache and feel sick

Try a nice soak in the bath, a mug of hot tea and stop, stop worrying

Helen xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks a lot helps a lot that I'm just such a worrier I overthink things so bad I wish I didn't but I do it's awful I will try the soak in the bath when I get time away from these children lol xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I to a few days ago was so anxious and panicky and I felt so sick from it I went to bed early woke up still thinking about it so still felt sick in the belly there but finally it went from my head and I felt better.but yea I believe a million per cent anxiety can make u feel like this and it will only make u feel worse the more u think about it. U have to try n relax easier said than done sometimes x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up