Off venalfaxine for 6 weeks but acting strange

Posted , 2 users are following.

I came off ven 6 weeks ago but was on antidepressant continually for 32 years. I stopped because of reasons I mentioned on here recently. I think that all the time I was on the meds all my anger was suppressed for that 32 years because now I'm off them I have become very bad tempered and its just not like me at all. To be honest I'm frightened of what I might do, I had a road rage incident today and I was shocked at how aggressive I was even though I had a right to be angry it was so out of character. Last year a few people really upset me but I just let it go because I was so unwell on my meds and just didn't have it in me to do anything about it but the last few days it has really been eating a way at me and I have been planning revenge on those people and what I have been thinking if doing is really awful but even though I know it's awful I'm still worried that I will snap and just do it. My sister came to see me today and I told her all this so she went into my loft and took my gun away. The gun is from when I fought in the Falklands Many years ago I just kept it all this time for some strange reason anyway I'm kind of glad it's gone now as it brings back really bad memory's. I hope this anger calms down now as I don't want to hurt or upset anybody. My sister reminded me that I was always a very laid back persons but she said I would let things bottle up for a long time until I just exploded so I think that that's what's going on with me at the moment. It's horrable because its like there is this angry person in me trying to get out its just not me at all

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am like this as well, and I am still on the venlafaxine so I better not get off it!!!  I have to work on getting a little angry every day because if not, I will let it build up (out of fear of my anger) and then BAM and it's just not good. smile

Yes, I have a terror of anger, angry people, and being angry myself

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I am like this as well, and I am still on the venlafaxine so I better not get off it!!!  I have to work on getting a little angry every day because if not, I will let it build up (out of fear of my anger) and then BAM and it's just not good. smile

Yes, I have a terror of anger, angry people, and being angry myself.

If you were a soldier, you likely have PTSD and will need to work on that...anger is a common symptom. Yes make sure you have no access to any guns or other things.

Your sister is smart smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, I have a terror of anger, angry people, and being angry myself.

If you were a soldier, you likely have PTSD and will need to work on that...anger is a common symptom. Yes make sure you have no access to any guns or other things.

Your sister is smart smile

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up