Off work - Citalopram , anxiety and depression - now temazepam

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had to go bk to gp this wk as my anxiety is through the roof , and feel so unbelivably low , on 40mg citalopram and still not sleeping , already had sertraline , mirtazipine and venlafaxine so really dont wanr to change agian sad - due to the lack of sleep ive been given 14 days of temazepam , i only took 1/2 a pill last night and i seemed to sleep better, was too scared to take nay more . I really didnt want to be off wokr again but i think in a way its for the best , i just feel like im letting everyone down , 

Ive done cbt and awaiting counselling but its a loong waiting list so im completely stuck x

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

before I was on sertraline I was on citalopram for a good number of years.  Worked very well for me.  Did you start on 40mg or did you start on 20mg.  How long have you been on this med?

lynda

• Posted

Hiya , well i started on Sertaraline , did nothing , so added Mirtazipine at night , but didnt like the wieght gain as triggered my anxiety more , so they stopped them and doubled Sertraline , in around March i started Venlafaxine , all good , went up to 225mg but then had a a reaction bad that had to stop immedietly , so started Citalopram 20mg for a few days then straighjt to 40mg about 4 or so weeks ago. So had Venlafaxine withdrawls , on top of starteding new meds, 

But lately I have been feeling the worst , myheart feels so achy from beating so fast , my chest hurts constantly , and i just feel like i cant cope . Like i don't want to be here , not to end things, just not be here anymore . My family dont know much , and im a single mum trying to juggle it all. So worried about taking the full tmeazepam prescription but if i dont the sleep is awful and have horrible nightmares/flashbacks from yrs ago , which wake me having a full blown panic attack and unable to sleep again x i have to go bk in a couple of weeks when he said hell review it all but i just dont know anymore ! 

• Posted

Hi Sarah

i am so sorry you are feeling this way.  I know the side effects are horrid having gone through them with sertraline.  Perhaps it would help if  you shared this with your family so the can support you through this time.  I would contact my dr and just let him/her know what's going on. Perhaps he could provide some reassurance.

lynda

• Posted

Oh Sarah, what a terrible time you are having, I am so sorry.

I am afraid I have no information or knowlege that could help you....I am on Venlafaxine and have never changed.  I only take 75mg a day and I am trying to cope with that.

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you.  I with there was more I could do.

Take care and stay strong.

Pat

• Posted

Hello Patricia, I am on 225 mg of Venlafaxine along with 15 or so other pills. I have certainly noticed  changes such as weight gain, sleepy but not tired, most importantly keeps some of my anger in check. I suffer from depression, anixety and anger; and more. I am retired so my dear unlucky wife has me 24/7. When we worked there was the work family where I had to force myself with some pill help to maintain a sensible level of co working. I missed a lot of work at the end. Now I am in my 70's and just take it a day by day. take care 
  • Posted

Thank you. I see gp wed which is why he's given me temazepam they have helped me sleep and feel a bit less panicky but that could be because im not at work too. I received some other counselling info in the post today so gonna look into them tonight. Venlafaxine 225 worked wonders for me butI had a really severe side effect so had tosstop immediately sad.... x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.