Officially off Lorazepam after 20 years.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone. I don't know how to update on my discussion. LOL but I am off the Lorazepam after 20 years. Took 5 months to go from 3mg to zero. but the good part is I am done with it. My pain management PA helped a lot!!!! She was by my side the whole time. If you are struggling just put your mind to it. Tell yourself this is not a good drug and I will probably live a lot longer and healthier without it. Just have faith and pride in yourself whether anyone else does or not. Peace! enjoy the day! Ruby S

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yay! Congrats! I’m off Valium since 28 Dec. doing great! Had those for more than 20 years. Not a large dose, but still, took some every day.  Now I don’t. The difference isn’t that big,  I have to say. So did I take these medications just routinely? Sad, in that case. What is your biggest concern when weaning off?
    • Posted

Sleeping. LOL  Will just wait till the body says snooze. Had a couple hours a night. Will update tomorrow. Thanks Ruby
    • Posted

Well done. I've been on low dose diazapam for 3 yrs. And was off them just over 2 months but it was torture I couldn't control my anxiety without them. So last week I got a very small amount off doc. And felt lot better. But don't want to go back to being addicted to these. Well done that's great after so many years x

• Posted

Heart felt happiness for you Ruby Slippers. May you go on from strength to strength. Along with a lot of others...we are cheering you on.❤
  • Posted

Heart felt happiness for you Ruby Slippers. May you go on from strength to strength. Along with a lot of others...we are cheering you on.❤
  • Posted

Just an update. People if you think it is easy... It was not. I did not sleep well for a couple of weeks. Like 2 hours or so. Was put on Nortriptyline for neuropathy and that made it 10 times worse. Stopped taking it and no more Lorazepam and now I got my first night sleep last night. About 9 hours. Been off the Lorazepam a month. I am still very tired but happy to get sleep. It will take a while but eventually you will sleep. If we want to live longer and get off these drugs then you have to sacrifice your sleep until your body just figures it out. So just to update, I am proud I am off the Lorazepam after 20 years but it was kinda like suffering a loss in your life if that makes sense. Every day is a new day and now I feel kinda normal. Nothing seems to work for the neuropathy except my low dose hydrocodone but less drugs is better for me. All the gapabentin, Lyrica, Cymbalta and Nortriptyline just has too many side effects. They affect my brain, vision, memory, stomach and much more. but you can get off the Benzo's poeple. It is in your mind and soul. have faith in yourself. Please. Thank you, Ruby S

• Posted

This echoes what thousands of people in the US are saying about pregabelin and Neurontin which was not researched.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.