Oh dear 😞

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've gone loopy. It's only been just about two weeks but I called my boyfriend every name under the sun last night, told him to get out and kicked him in the fragiles! I think he might have had enough and pack his stuff tonight 😢

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosie, What did he do to provoke you to do this? I found my emotions have been all over the place after this op. My hubby planted a bush in the wrong place and refused to move it? I would normally have shouted at him but instead I simply lied told him I was tired and then hide in my grandson's playtent and cried myself to sleep. Hubby found me and was mortified to know he had driven me to this. So did he do something? Just how bad was it? I think you need to explain how the op plays with our hormones & emotions and aplogise , maybe he will apologise too. Good luck. 
    • Posted

It was my birthday yesterday and I felt neglected. I always feel neglected physically and emotionally in my relationship because my boyfriend is very closed off in that way. He shows love by buying me things and doing things for me. He's a very caring decent man, he really is but I need physical comforting, which he'll only give if I go to him. He was tired yesterday because he has insomnia, I sat on the opposite sofa, he went to sleep, then I go upstairs, so he watches football. I just lost it, and he didn't deserve that. I know he's trying his best and I know he's not emotionally open so I shouldn't expect anything else. I really really hate myself atm. X
  • Posted

Whoops! It's post op blues. I was awful a couple of times bit everyone's head off especially hubby X tell him it will get better, hope you feel better soon xxx
    • Posted

I just start crying, then I feel normal a few minutes later. Why am I emotional when I've still got my ovaries? X
    • Posted

I've read that the anaesthetic takes a while to clear from the system! We are women that's what we do bless ya xx
  • Posted

I had foot surgery 2 weeks before my hysterectomy, vaginal suspension and rectocele surgery. 2 days before my female surgery my boyfriend went hunting. Now this involved drinking afterwards. I was still laid up with my foot. I lost my mind with this and kicked his butt out of my house. That meant I drove to the hospital myself for female surgery. My daughter took me home. I was more emotionally stressed tfrom that than the surgery. I'm not sure what drove me to lose it but as you I wanted emotional support he couldn't give. I just wanted someone to tell me it was going to be ok. He felt as though his existence was enough. Probably the difference between men and women. At least the men I've ever been involved with my whole life.i eventually emsiled him why I was upset and then sent another a few days later telling him why I loved him. I feel the resentment built up long before surgery, I knew what to expect from him. He was gone for a month, now he's back. I must say it was one hell of a hard month emotionally. We are back together now. Karma came and got him though. He was sick twice when he was gone. I did nothing.

😬

• Posted

It's so annoying when you write a long reply and then it disappears! Aaarrrghh!

I will try again tomorrow! X

• Posted

I often think if one of my friends was telling me this about their partner I would advise them to walk away. Not that easy though is it? Certainly not when love is involved. You've really been through it and I admire your strength, you should be proud of yourself. X
  • Posted

I think I have been the bitch from hell after my surgery. I feel very sorry for myself and have decided to blow everyone out that hasnt been there for me! Hormones gone crazy...very emotional....and scared...I think its normal! ????
    • Posted

It must be. I have a dulled down version of the devil me once a month so I really shouldn't be surprised! X
  • Posted

I am 16 weeks post op now and can remember very well feeling quite out of control at times. I think this operation not only exhaust you but messes with your head too ! Suddenly very restricted in what we can and can't do for what seems an age and then there is the physical side of is it normal should it feel like that - am I suddenly disfigured down there and then the one we all get consumed by is has it worked - what if it fails !! All of this is one very emotional package of female and you will occasionally get a blow out !! Don't be too hard on yourself - you do need just that extra bit of tlc at the mo both mentally and physically just apologise and explain and he will be fine xx
    • Posted

Thanks bunky. I think it's sorted now. We have some issues that we've had from the beginning so it's my own fault for expecting him to be different during my recovery. I'm feeling better now, not so uncomfortable and my head feels quite clear. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.